New Guy

Options
Hi fellow losers,

I've been monkeying around on this site for a while now and thought I'd join the posting community. I've lost about twenty lbs in the last six months mostly due to a lot of running (thanks to the knucklehead in my av) and lifting. Time to start eating right. If only I could count beer as a vegetable...sigh.

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    And beer is a food group all it's own...don't deprive yourself! :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome home breckmc! This is truly an awesome sight! Good job on ditching the 20 by using fitness, now start logging your food, water and your exercise and you will be at the weight you want to be! You can drink beer, just count it in your calories! Those days that you stumble and overindulge just do more cardio to balance it out! You can do it!! And by the way your profile pic is cute!!
  • margers
    margers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Six months to lose 20? That's great. That's my goal for the next 12 weeks (20 by 10 or 2010). Have I set my goal too high? Hope not. I want to lose at least 10% of my body weight. Wish me luck.

Sigh...I know what you mean about the beer. I've been missing my micheladas (beer over ice in a glass rimmed with salt--don't forget the lime). Ok...I'm getting thirsty so I better quit talking about it. So what's your goal or have you met it?
  • skarenarnold
    Options
    hey new guy im the new girl!!! just started today!! i keep telling myself "im going to stay focused this time"!!! good luck to you and congratulations on the 20 lbs..... maybe ill be able to say that this year!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. :smile:
  • breckmc
    breckmc Posts: 30
    Options
    Well thanks guys. The av pic is my baby boy who forces me to get off the couch everyday and go for a jog, walk or just toss the ball around.

My goal is another 25 pounds which would put me at 180 (i'm 5'11) which has historically been a good weight for me.

Going to mexico next year so I need to be in shape for the beach. So, gonna keep my eye on the prize rocky like eye of the tiger style.