Need ideas for a 3 day weekend getaway around NYC area

Options
I live in the NYC metropolitan area and i'm looking for ideas for a weekend getaway for hubby and I...any suggestions?

Replies

• irenephillip824
    Options
    I'm sure there are people out here who live in the tristate area with great suggestions
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    There is Lake George NY and Saratoga Springs NY...horse races are now in session.

There are the southern beaches of NJ, or MD (Ocean City is a good choice).

The Poconos of PA (Split Rock resort is a good choice).

If in NYC, do you have a car? I know many who don't so not sure how far you want to go. All of the examples I gave are 2-3 hours away max.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Lake george, the jersey shore (there's some nice spots), the poconos, lake walampalpack, cape cod mass, norwalk ct
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love to go to Woodstock. It's not too far, beautiful and has a town area with shops and pretty good restaurants. We always find a little bed and breakfast and get massages.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    been to saratoga a bunch of times for concerts. love it and never have enough time to see all i want...

mystic, connecticut is nice too.

eastern long island

really depends what you are looking to do on those three days...
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I also like Saratoga, Mystic, if you are into wine- there is the hudson valley wine trail - you can stay on and go to the wineries.
  • whs7771
    whs7771 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I lived there, I used to visit a beutiful town named Sag Harbour. Drive into the South Fork, hit some wineries, stay night in Sag Harbour, take the ferry over to the North Fork and hit those wineries.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    it'll be cheaper to stay on the north fork, and take the ferry over to sag harbor, there are wineries and beaches on both forks. major difference between the two is attitude and price.
    When I lived there, I used to visit a beutiful town named Sag Harbour. Drive into the South Fork, hit some wineries, stay night in Sag Harbour, take the ferry over to the North Fork and hit those wineries.
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions! I like all the ideas, but we are thinking more beach locations. Ocean city in NJ is a possibility although we were also thinking Virginia beach? We will be driving since the airline prices are crazy high for last minute trips.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ocean City nj is really nice or Long Branch is nice too....calm beaches. The outter banks in NC are amazing if u want to drive that far
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Stone Harbor NJ or Avalon NJ are both top notch destinations. OC NJ can be a little crowded and if you like to drink, it's a dry town - no booze at all.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I am the only one that thinks Schenectady is a good weekend getaway spot.