My 10% NSV!!

Options
LisaD1025
LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
Hi...I think this is my first "NSV" post, but I'm pretty excited about it. To start with, I'll explain that whenever I'm doing something that is difficult or challenging (or that I just don't want to do), it makes it easier in my head to break it down into percentages. For example when I'm on the treadmill or the bike, it makes it easier to keep going if I track every 10% that I've completed ("I'm 10% of the way done....30% of the way done...70% of the way done....etc.) Anyways, I don't know why, but breaking things down like this works for me.

So....yesterday I was driving to work and it occurred to me that, once I am down 5.5lbs, I am 10% of my way to my goal weight. Well....I woke up this morning and I was down 5.7lbs from where I started. So -- I'M 10% of my way to my goal weight!! I know it doesn't seem like much, but it was pretty big in my head!

Now I just have to do it 9 more times!!

Anyhow.... I just wanted to share. Thanks for reading. :)

PS -- I should also say THANK YOU to MFP & all of you for your encouragement, support, motivation, and inspiration! I can't do this alone!

Replies

• shelia1219
    shelia1219 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to look at it! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!