bad, bad BMI

Options
I've tried this before, but this time I'm determined. Its not about "looking better" this time its about getting and staying healthy for my kids, for my health and for me. I plugged my info into a BMI calculator yesterday and found that I'm in the "overweight" category. I was shocked. Just in terms of the health implications of being in that category. I need to lose an additional 10lbs (to the 6 I've already lost) to just enter my healthy weight range for my age and height. So my mini goal is to lose 10lbs by August 18th by exercising daily (which I do already) eating healthier and cutting out my late night snacking on chips, chocolate and candy. I tend to munch after my kids have gone to bed so this will be the hardest part for me to give up. I am going to allow myself fruits and veggies and hot chocolate if I'm super craving chocolate. I hope these small changes will add up to lasting weight loss. If anyone wants to add me feel free, I could use the support. Thanks!

Replies

• julbel78
    julbel78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sugar free jello chocolate pudding is the BEST for the chocolate cravings!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 snack

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 10Calories 60

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1.5g 2%
    Saturated Fat 1g 5%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 180mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0.99g 4%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 2g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 10% Iron 4%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain.

If it makes you feel any better in terms of health goals, the government went back and forth about where to put the 'healthy' line for BMI. They have gone back and forth between 25 and 27. Measurable health risks really begin to rise at 27, but obviously it's not an either/or thing - as you get higher you are at higher risk.

Good luck!
  • chiquitatwist
    chiquitatwist Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello chocolate pudding is the BEST for the chocolate cravings!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 snack

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 10Calories 60

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1.5g 2%
    Saturated Fat 1g 5%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 180mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0.99g 4%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 2g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 10% Iron 4%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I LOVE sugar free jello pudding. Definitely go with the name brand, though. I tried a generic version and it has a horrible after taste.
  • Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For summer, you can stick the pudding in a popsickle tray and make low cal fudge pops! Always yummy!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I love Ritter hazelnut chocolate bars. REALLY rich. One square and I'm a happy camper.
  • jane2436
    jane2436 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Pudding pops sounds soooo good! It's 8p.m and I'm growing weaker with every passing minute! I just had a 35 calorie yogurt so that helped and once the kids go to bed I'm hittin the hot chocolate! Gotta stay strong and focused.