HIS MOM!!!

hmmmm
hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
my fiance and I just bought a 2007 mustang and we went to dinner tonight. My first time riding in it except for that short trip to the store down the road. Anyway we were on the highway and what do you know.... we are getting pulled over....... because we are on the highway the cop comes to my side and the 1st thing he asks is who does the car belong to I told him it was in my name......then he turns to my fiance and asks him why he was going so fast. Then says to him This is your mom right........(silence) Oh my god he thinks I am my fiance's mother:sad: ....Anyway needless to say this has been bothering me ever since I guess there is worse things that can happen, but this really stung... I know my fiance looks younger, actually he is, but only by four years. Things like this really make me want to look better and feel better, so I guess in a sick little way:devil: he probably motivated me. Thats my story -Heather-
P.S. Cop said he was speeding, fiance said he was not, and because it was a new car and I wasn't looking at the odometer I couldn't tell but there were a lot of other cars on the road and we didn't seem to be going faster than anyone else. So I don't know... anyway the cop let us off with a warning, :embarassed: probably felt bad for stupid comment.

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    my fiance and I just bought a 2007 mustang and we went to dinner tonight. My first time riding in it except for that short trip to the store down the road. Anyway we were on the highway and what do you know.... we are getting pulled over....... because we are on the highway the cop comes to my side and the 1st thing he asks is who does the car belong to I told him it was in my name......then he turns to my fiance and asks him why he was going so fast. Then says to him This is your mom right........(silence) Oh my god he thinks I am my fiance's mother:sad: ....Anyway needless to say this has been bothering me ever since I guess there is worse things that can happen, but this really stung... I know my fiance looks younger, actually he is, but only by four years. Things like this really make me want to look better and feel better, so I guess in a sick little way:devil: he probably motivated me. Thats my story -Heather-
    P.S. Cop said he was speeding, fiance said he was not, and because it was a new car and I wasn't looking at the odometer I couldn't tell but there were a lot of other cars on the road and we didn't seem to be going faster than anyone else. So I don't know... anyway the cop let us off with a warning, :embarassed: probably felt bad for stupid comment.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Wow, I would be traumatized by that experience. You're a stronger woman than I am for sure!

I'm glad you're turning this something positive. While I'm sure it hurt your feelings a little, you're motivated to change. Change is the beginning!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Bright side: No ticket.? (You may have been keeping up with traffic, btw, but cops tend to pull over fast looking cars, like mustangs and convertibles. My husband had a mustang and was pulled over 3 times in the 2 years he had it, but never before or since.)

Cops don't really look at people, anyway, especially since you weren't the driver. I don't know if you and your hubby-to-be have similar hair colors or body build, but that can also contribute. (My best friend and I look nothing alike, but we both happen to be short, have dark hair, and glasses, and we're asked if we're sisters/cousins all the time.) Try as hard as you can to laugh it off--you have a very youthful face and great skin, so I think the cop was blind. So there! :flowerforyou:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    What??!!! How old is your fiance? five?
    Seriously you don't look old enough be the mother of anyone old enough to drive.
    I gotta say I would be bummed also, I guess you need to take that hurt and channel it into positive
    motivation to get healthier.
    Good luck and keep your chin up.
  • I would not worry about it - he most likely could not see very well, was tired, or whatever! In the past year alone, I have been asked twice when my baby was due (I'm not pregnant!) and one cashier referred to my friend as my daughter (she is 8 years younger!), but It never bothered me. My friend and I had a good laugh and as for being pregnant - I was flattered that they thought I was still in my childbearing years!! he he. I know I look good and I that is all that matters - it really does come from the inside. I think you look great (not that my opinion matters!!)
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    It wasnt a RED mustang was it? :laugh: Can you say sore thumb?
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    When my husband came to pick me up from the hospital afte having my gall bladder removed the nurse who was wheeling me out said "Oh, here's your son to pick you up!""" YIKES!! My husband is 2 years younger than me. Then when we got home I had mail from AARP for retirees. I wasn't even 30 years old yet!!! You can bet my husband was loving that one!!! We still laugh about it today. Don't let it get to you. Just roll with it.
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Don't sweat it foot in mouth disease is everywhere. My students are always guessing my age wrong usually 5 to 10 years older than I am. They can't help it momentary stupidity can happen happen to anyone. Hang in there.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    I have a van that is a 1997 and it has a computer chip memory, so I was driving down the road one day and the "check engine" light came on. I took it to my local shop when I returned from my trip several days later, where they know me, and Ray pulled the reports via a handheld computer and said, "Verna, you were doing 78 when the light came on." What can I say?? :blushing: I got a speeding ticket about a month later and I just hit the one year diversion so it's not on my record. My last ticket was about, hmm, 18 years ago or more. Where was I, oh yeah, they will run my reports anytime I ask them, for free, it's an older van and I put a lot of miles on it, so I do that when the light comes on because we are trying to problem solve an issue with it. If you ever want to know what's going on with the car ....... you have options. Also, what a PIG...and I mean that in the nicest way because I truly respect the law and policeman. But shame on him. That's right up with, "When's the baby due??"

Oh yeah, so when I did get my ticket, Officer says my tags are expired but I said not untl the 24th actually and I had ordered them online and was on my way to the post office to see if they were in, all true, but I don't think he appreciated my offering to have him follow me there to avoid any question (I can be such a smart@ss sometimes) and then he said, "Well, do you know the speed limit on this road." I hadn't lived here very long so I took a guess at 55 and I was wrong, it's only 50, ticket for 9 miles over the speed limit.
  • People make stupid comments, try not to let it get to you. People at work always say that my mom and I look like sisters. My mom does NOT look young, which means...:grumble:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    I hate when people say stupid things! lol I never assume that anyone is ANYONE's mom or brother or anything- I keep my mouth SHUT! lol
    Around Christmas time (at my highest weight, feeling bad about myself) a cousin of mine asked me if I was expecting again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gross. Me. Out.
    I was shocked because although I was feeling FAT I didn't think I was looking PREGNANT!!
    =o/
    Soooo yeah, just forget that person! lol
  • I was walking past a co-worker this morning and he say's "Joe you're looking older". Just like that, no emotions, just matter of fact comment. I replied thanks and kept going. Some people are just... people I guess. Go with the flow, don't let it get you down.
This discussion has been closed.