21 lbs Lost - Half Way!!! Back Pictures Included

Options
Hey Everyone,

If you want to skip straight to the picture scroll to the bottom! :bigsmile:

I have been one of those people who grew up heavy, lost the weight, gained it back, and now in a war of trying to lose it again. I look at myself in the mirror and hate what I see. A big stomach with no definition and a double back. I found myself constantly trying to find a quick fix to my dilemma. I tried different diets and had some results, but eventually gained the weight right back.

After watching a documentary about health I had a realization about myself and my life. I am the one in control. "You do the crime you do the time." I was the one who made the bad decisions of eating fast food, eating tons of processed foods...But now I have the ability to change that. "Just as when people think of cigarettes causing lung cancer, 'bad' food can cause all sorts of diseases too..."

It is up to me to re-wire my brain. I grew up thinking McDonald's, Pizza, Doughnuts, and all these other processed foods were 'good', but in actuality they aren't. When I thought of vegetables I cringed....How could I eat that? Well, it is up to me and this time I am doing it.

I am changing my life style. Becoming more active, eating healthier, and making a life time commitment not only to myself, but to my body, mind, heart, and soul!

I go by the motto; "You do the crime you do the time." So every time I do workout I hit it HARD! I eat clean and train even harder. I know now that losing weight isn't just about a number anymore, it is about retaking control of my life and my body. It is a life-long committment that only YOU can make. And trust me, once you do you WILL see the true potential you have to offer not only to yourself, but also to the people around you.

To all the newbies WELCOME! To the long time members KEEP ON TRUCKIN'. Remember that you are WORTH IT. When you are working out and feel like quitting, don't. You only have ONE body, ONE life, and NOW is the time to take it back. Say no to temptations, because every time you do you will get STRONGER.

I finally figured out how to create a side by side photo so here are two pictures of me. I hope that I inspire at least one other person to keep on going. To help them realize that it does take time, but in the end it is so worth it! I am happy to say that my "back fat" is no longer a problem for me :bigsmile:

n47ev.jpg

HgH :drinker:

I am currently completing the C25K program, so I walk/jog at least 30 minutes for that. I workout everyday for at least 1 hour. I incorporate cardio, abs, legs, and weights into my workout routine (if you want more detailed just message me and I will explain more). I walk 30 minutes every day - even when I do C25K. I think what helps the most is eating "healthy". I do my best not to ingest processed junk foods, which is hard since my roommate loves them :laugh: But I always feel like my will power grows stronger when I say "No thanks." I always have a 100 day calendar that I made myself - which really helps me visually see how far I have come!

Replies

• grandmatimes9
    Options
    awesome!
    what a difference the 21 lbs made keep up the good work
  • cjh03
    cjh03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job, and I love motto you've been using!!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! It is true what they say...perception is all up to the individual! I never really thought my back fat was gone until I had my roommate take a picture!

HgH
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! How long has it taken you?
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. You look great. I hate my back fat. I wish i can cut it off
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Amazing, such a difference! Well done :)
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Awesome job! How long has it taken you?

I started trying to lose weight back in May 2011. That is when I weighed 166lbs. I dropped the first 10lbs fairly quickly, but then stopped working out and eating right because school caught up with me. I started at it again around March 2012 and got down to 147lbs, but then once again gained some weight back. I was up to 152 June 2012 and now I am currently 144.8lbs (I just rounded up) as of July 2012.

HgH
  • HeyGrlHey
    Options
    Very inspiring. You look great. I hate my back fat. I wish i can cut it off

Every time I go jogging/walking I imagine it melting away :laugh:

HgH
  • pbikoko
    pbikoko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are at my goal weight!! Thanks for the inspiration..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!