My road to the curtain call

Options
I joined MFP a couple of months ago, but I could really use some positive motivation. Everyone may have different struggles, but our goal is all the same, to obtain a healthier and fit lifestyle.

I live in Houston, TX, 31 years old, and as many I have been overweight all of my life. What lead me to MFP? A shear desire to take control of this area in my life, and face the fears attached to it.

In a few short months, I will be directing my first production at a local theatre in Houston, TX. I would love to not only embrace this major accomplishment in my life, but to display not only my inner beauty, but the confidence of my outer beauty as well. In a few months, I want to look back at this “introduction message”, and be amazed at the results.

Yes, I know it will take hard work, discipline, and determination, but I’m ready for the challenge, hopefully there is someone reading this message, that is ready to embark, continue, or encourage along this journey.

~On my way to the big curtain call…~

Replies

• Judyalex
    Judyalex Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! :smile:
    I am pretty sure that you will acomplish your weight loss goal and your production will be a total succes. Don't feel discouraged at any time! when you don't feel like exercising just remember how good you will feel after you are done. And when you don't feel like eating right just remember that changes don't happen from morning to night, they will take time and effort so keep up the good work!
  • ladyjanewriter
    ladyjanewriter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to you taking your bow when it comes to the end of this journey!

One of my friends is a playwright who started off in the Houston theatre scene. We might have one degree of separation, LOL! :laugh:
  • SRW31
    SRW31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you "Judyalex", this has been one of the greatest journeys in my life. I have already had numerous tears, but I keep telling myself that the temporary discomfort I feel, will all be worth it in the end.
  • SRW31
    SRW31 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you "ladyjanewrite", this is definitely a new arena for me...I never thought that I would even have the courage to stand before people, but I am striving each and every day to reach that goal and conquer it!