I want sexy abs!

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of advises here but the truth is - plain old crunches, side crunches, bicycle crunches, planks - 200/300 repetitions a day. There is no other way. You will see definition even before you BF goes down. Trust me I have done it and that is the only thing that will work. The Ab frame? Give me a break ;-).
    You could do ab workouts daily and still not have visible abs if calorie deficit to remove fat isn't prevalent. 200/300 reps is overkill. Look at teenagers who are semi athletic. Most have visual abs from low bodyfat and not from doing endless ab work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I do too but if I keep eating at a deficit I would just be too skinny for my liking. So right now I'm attempting a "bulk" and then after a while of that I will do the deficit again and see what happens. I am experimenting. Lol.

You can barely see definition when I flex my abs right now. just barely.

I feel the same about eating at a deficit. I definitely need to do some bulk/cut cycles, but I am waiting until fall after bikini season.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My BF% is currently 31% (Eeky, I know, but I'm here to change that!)

You're actually not that far away IMO. I had 30% body fat a few years ago so I can relate. Some of it's due to genetics when your abs will "show". In my case, the upper abs and obliques started to faintly show at ~24% body fat. I'm at ~19% body fat currently. When I got closer to 20%, they got sharper-looking. It can be done. Hope that helps. :smile:
  • JupiterJune
    Options
    Thanks, this was all very useful. Seems like I'm going in the right direction!
  • SheilaBradshaw
    Options
    I just finished ChaLean Extreme and found my abs while doing it. With only 10 pounds left to lose, my focus has turned to toning my body and getting abs. CE helped tremendously, but I also made sure I was eating a healthy diet.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    less calories, more cardio. Ab workouts don't help a whole lot.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Try painting them on, that's the easiest way.

lol..

Good info.. I figured diet had alot to do with abs.