1 year progress, 80+ lb lost, PICS

Options
sarahd150
sarahd150 Posts: 17 Member
mfpjuly.png

This is my one year progress post. I started this journey a year ago, on somewhat of a whim. I had just gotten a fancy new phone and decided that there must be "an app for that". I tried several and quickly settled on MFP. I never thought it would work, but I figured it couldn't hurt anything, so I gave it a try.

I have lost over 80 lbs since this time last year. I have lost roughly a foot off my waist and hips, and about 10 inches off my chest. I have dropped from a very forgiving size 22 to a 12. I have not starved myself, I am not hungry, and I don't have a personal trainer. I made small changes and worked on consistency. I haven't given up any foods, but I am now incredibly aware of serving sizes and labels. I never knew that a serving size of Doritos is about 6 chips. Who eats 6 chips?! I still eat junk food from time to time, but I always read the label. I watch what I eat and exercise. This is not groundbreaking stuff, but it still takes work and attention.

People have asked what my best advice is for losing weight, and I would say that for me, knowing how to cook is a must. I am amazed at how much extra "junk" is in packaged foods. Foods that could be fairly healthy for you become loaded with fat, sodium, sugar, and calories. Eating food I make myself is the only way I know how to get enough to eat and not feel hungry. I would rather eat an entire bowl of squash for lunch than 6 Doritos. Grilled chicken from a fast food place magically has twice the sodium of grilled chicken I make at home.

I know I am not an expert, and I know I have a ways to go. But I also know what has worked for me. I am posting this because I think people are chased away from healthy lifestyles by gimmicks and "special foods". I want people to see that losing weight and living healthier are not dependent on shakes or meal plans or 10-day cleanse diets. I want people to realize that even a small step in the right direction can make a difference. Feel free to ask me your questions.

Here are more pics, since I'm sure that's why you clicked on this in the first place. :)
mfp1year.png

Replies

• megletgroves
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! Good to know that the good old-fashioned way still works! Great Job
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look fantastic!
  • dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and dedication!!! Good for you!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you look effin awesome!!!!!!!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations on your success!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    WOW - what a transformation - congrats....keep it up
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    This post is AWESOME.. I agree with you, Learning how to eat everything and not giving up is the best way to go. COngrats on your success.. You really help alot of people without even knowing it.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OMG - mega achievement - absolutely inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Your realistic attitude and hardwork shines through, very inspirational! Congratulations!
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! And a nice way to put it.....nothing fancy, not special foods just cook....and watch portion control...you are looking fabulous!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!!!:drinker:
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
    Fantastic motivation!
  • beneficiaryofpossibility
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! You look fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing! Very inspirational!
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job!! I'm almost at my one year mark too. I haven't done as well as you but I'm sure I've not been as committed as you have been. I'm still happy the scale is going down and not up!! HaHa!

Congrats again!! :flowerforyou:
  • powell347
    powell347 Posts: 1
    Options
    You've inspired me... Great job:flowerforyou: !
  • MetallicaBreath
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Incredible job!!! Be proud because you deserve it! :happy:
  • SaffieM
    SaffieM Posts: 9
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing your story. You look great.
  • lferrell79
    lferrell79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for a dose of inspiration! Hopefully I'm in your shoes this time next year :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!