NOT a stress eater

Options
I am quite the oposite actually. If I have a rough day, if the kids are driving me up the wall, or we're just super busy with life I seriously forget to eat, even worse when I do, I simply am not hungry enough to come anywhere close to my intake guidelines. When this happen's I also get extremely picky about what I eat, nothing heavy, nothing greasy (all usually a good thing to be against) and forget about trying to finish a whole meal of proper portion sizes. Mostly I want to chug my water, eat my salad or have a quick fix of fruit. That or just drink COFFEE.

Any one have any help on how I can actually be hungry on stressed out days? Suggestions on what can feel light and easy to eat/digest but still feel energised and meet intake guideline?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Maybe try and get more calorie-dense foods like eggs, cheese, avocados, nuts, seeds etc. Full fat dairy products. Things that have a lot of calories (and preferably other nutrients) but don't make you feel like you're eating too much. Looking at your diary, it looks like you already eat some of that stuff, so just try and find a few high-cal "go to" foods that you know you can stomach even on an off day. If you're feeling stressed and think you might struggle as the day goes on, try and get plenty of calories in early on.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That is how I was on Friday. My daughter was not feeling well, and I ate 1 crab cake that day. We had a nice family gathering, she got sicker and while everyone else was sitting down to eat I did not. She ended up at the hospital (she is better now) but in 24 hours I had 1 crab cake & about 5 pretzels. I refused to get on the scale Sat. because I knew it would show a huge loss that was not true.

I tend to eat during PMS time and if I am bored.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I do not see a problem. If you are not hungry, do not eat! You lost 15 pounds eating that way, and you will soon be at your goal weight! Enjoy your life.