I love....

Options
hamburgers, soups, stews, chilis and everything else that makes you warm in fall. Needless to say my salt intake is getting crazy. my food intake is getting crazy. im holding on to all this freaking water weight and I cant drink enough water to flush anything out. UGH! Its not that im going over on my calories but lately its not good food im putting in. its crap food. I set a personal challange for myself two weeks ago : no fast food and no refined sugar. FAIL! Ive had fast food like 3 times and like 4 brownies. ugh! I love fall and winter because of all the comfort food. but I cant handle people eating what I LOOOOOVE to eat and me sitting back and having something else. I always have to have just a little taste.

I started this in the summer when its to hot to eat so I have been doing great but now its cold and thats all I want to do. Im not a bear and I dont want to hibernate but I feel as if Im packing on fat so I can sleep for winter.

Thank you for listening.

Replies

• jaxterbom
    Options
    It's tough, but the only way to get over the fast-food addiction is to stop eating it. Make sure you do eat healthy food, and eat often enough so that you don't get that "starved" feeling. Keep a couple pieces of fruit handy in case you get hungry between meals. Switch from burger joint to Subway.

You basically have to change your urges from cheeseburger/fries to turkey sub hold-the-cheese.

Hank
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    As jaxterbom said, you have to change what you eat.
    After a while...1) you won't miss any of it. 2) when you have it again it will probably make you feel sick.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have a fast food problem too - I :heart: it. As for the other things you mentioned, you can eat them, just make healthier versions of them. All of those things can actually be very good for you. A homemade burger or chili is going to be better for you than a fast food one. Even if a friend makes this stuff, its still better than fast food. But, if you really want these things you can make them healthified.

You can make a healthy chili in a large amount and freeze it in portions. That way, when you are craving that warm chili, you can just pull it out of the freezer and warm it up. Then, you know its pretty healthy and you get what you are wanting.

Try to opt for low sodium when you can so that you aren't going way overboard. Or, use fresh veggies for these things. You'll save on a lot of sodium that way.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    As jaxterbom said, you have to change what you eat.
    After a while...1) you won't miss any of it. 2) when you have it again it will probably make you feel sick.

This is true, absolutely what happened to me after I cut out pop for awhile. Now, I don't 'want' it and it makes me feel all bloated from the carbonation if I do drink it.