Help lose the pear shape?

Options
2»

Replies

• MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    pear shapes are sexy too. keep up the good work still and you can still be happy w/ that time of succulent fruit!

d:-)
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shape too and can honestly say, no matter how much I lose, I always have a big butt! Lol!
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    The only thing you can do to alter your natural shape is build your upper half as balance. I build my sholders, chest and back to make my middle look smaller.
  • DaRizzKid
    DaRizzKid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love all the support from the other pear girls out here. I know the best option is the "lose weight". That's why we're all here right? Lol. I've always loved my curves and I know they will always be with me. I just hoping there was some 70s themed workout move that was amazing for the thighs I guess ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped and what helped was doing heavy strength training. My *kitten* got smaller and my shoulders got a bit wider. It really helped balanced my shape

This for sure! My muscular arms and shoulders help balance me. Switch all resistance training to "heavy". I'd suggest Stronglifts 5x5.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Be glad you're a pear! It's much better than being shaped like a brick. I'd love to have a waist and hips.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Losing body fat is a good idea. I was a small pear shape before I lost weight, but now those areas are no longer the largest part of my body and I'm an hourglass shape now. You never know! I thought my genetics would make me a pear shape at any size, but that wasn't the case! But pear shapes are still really nice! :smile: Love those curves girl!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better actually having a pear shape leaves you to a lot less health issues..women with an "apple" shape are more prone to heart disease, etc. If you keep eating right and exercising regulary you will be a lovely toned pear! I think all bodies that are healthy are lovely..whatever the shape! (I'm a pear shape too and I'm resigned to the fact that I will always have a butt and not much "upstairs" ;-0)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped and what helped was doing heavy strength training. My *kitten* got smaller and my shoulders got a bit wider. It really helped balanced my shape

Oh...Strength training did exact oppsite to me: my butt and thighs got bigger, while my upper got smaller and smaller. I am even more peared now than before. I am freaking out. :(
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Losing body fat is a good idea. I was a small pear shape before I lost weight, but now those areas are no longer the largest part of my body and I'm an hourglass shape now. You never know! I thought my genetics would make me a pear shape at any size, but that wasn't the case! But pear shapes are still really nice! :smile: Love those curves girl!

It's not so nice when you have elephant size thighs. Just look at me. :brokenheart: :cry:
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you have to build up your back muscles and shoulders to appear to have just a waist..I'm battling this now after having kids... I've been doing Jillian Michaels body revolution and it focuses alot on back for this reason!!! and to "target" your belly you are suppose to use a low carb no sugar diet...i just learned all this for a nutritionist...
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Be glad you're a pear! It's much better than being shaped like a brick. I'd love to have a waist and hips.

^ Not sure why...but this comment really made me giggle. You know, I have been a pear for 50...yes 50 years. No, one has ever
    said something so cute and positive before.

Thanks.

p.s. I agree with everyone you cannot spot reduce. However, for me, I find walking/running stairs to be so AMAZING for shrinking my pear shape. (Please note: it has helped me).
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

^ Not sure why...but this comment really made me giggle. You know, I have been a pear for 50...yes 50 years. No, one has ever

Thanks.

I'm glad I made you laugh! I think shapely women are very attractive, so I'm a little jealous. :)
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Thanks.

p.s. I agree with everyone you cannot spot reduce. However, for me, I find walking/running stairs to be so AMAZING for shrinking my pear shape. (Please note: it has helped me).

yay for running the stairs, can be done at work or anywhere stairs are present, it's free and it works!!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i need help in this area x
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    Too add, you really can't "change" your shape. You can enhance some muscle and show more definition, but if you have pear shape, it will always be a pear shape.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So true. Even at my tiniest, I was still a pear. A smaller pear, but a pear still.