How did weight loss affect your relationship?

Options
How did weight loss affect your relationship? Did you become closer? Did your relationship become more passionate? Did you become more active? Become more open?

Or

Did you fall apart? Did you grow away? Did you grow apart? Are you distant?

Whats the relationship aftermath for your weight change. The Good the bad the ugly. :D

Replies

• feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend didn't want to admit it at first, but he definitely didn't want me to lose a bunch of weight. Since we started dating (over 2 years ago) I've known that he's always been attracted to "bigger" girls, soooo this didn't really surprise me. Buuuuut, I had to do what was right for me. Just recently, as in the past 2 months, he's started coming around and seeing that smaller can be sexy, too! Haha. So in the long run I'd definitely say it's made us much closer overall, and taught us that we can learn to change with each other.

There has to be more to all of your relationships (be it romantic, friendship, etc) then just looks and eating habits. Everyone changes over time, and if ANY of our relationships are going to continue thriving, we have to work with each other through our changes. (I hope that makes sense, lol)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We have had other issues in our relationship come into play but the weight loss is easing my stress which makes the stress level between us go down. He likes the fact that he can put his arms all the way around me now.