Shirataki Noodles

Options
scorpio61
scorpio61 Posts: 46 Member
Has anyone tried the miracle noodles yet or heard of them?

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edit due to violations of guideline #14****
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love them, they are a staple in my fridge.
  • BelleCloud
    Options
    Agree, had them last night in stir fry. Delish!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I love them, they are a staple in my fridge.

Ditto!
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Love them, but watch out, they can make you a little bubbly!
  • sarahfouts
    sarahfouts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can you find shirataki noodles at a regular ol' grocery store or do you guys buy it online?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Someone told me once that you can find them in the grocery store, I've been to about 6 grocery stores and I still can't find them :sad:
  • scorpio61
    Options
    I'm lucky my health food store just started selling them after Dr. Oz had them on his show lol These aren't the one made of Tofu these are plant base.

• scorpio61
    Options
    I get mine at the healthfood store not sure if wholefoods sells them People get them confused with the shirataki noodles made from Tofu Not the same. What's nice about them is you can eat as much as you want of them with no worries Good luck in your search I just wanted to pass this along to others I know how we can't do without our pastas

• ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    I was actually looking into these, haven't tried them or the miracle noodle yet

http://www.nooodle.com/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've seen some very low cal noodles in my supermarket - I'm not sure if they are the same product but it's the same idea.
    I have a real problem with these kinds of foods, or more specifically, with the concept that you can "eat as much as you want with no worries" and ingest hardly any calories.
    It seems to me that this is only prolonging the problem of eating too much, which is what got us fat in the first place.

Personally I'm going to stick with real pasta - one cup has 200 calories and that's not hard to build into my calorie allowance for the day.
  • scorpio61
    Options
    No these are not what you find in the reg store Some ppl on here have some real issues with their health And then some well they just don't no when to say no Were all grown ups on here Here to help one another out So if you find yourself wondering to the cookie jar why not open a bag of noodles instead of eating all the cookies in the cookie jar or having a bowl of soup that is filled with salt and chemicals I use them as a filler as well I don't need someone to hold my hand ever step of the way to make sure I eat the right kinds of foods or make all the right choices I hold myself accountable for what I eat And for your FYI I eat very well So as far as you taking what I said out of content (that someone can eat the noodles all day long pig out on something with no calories ) that is your problem As I said we are all adults here Maybe you shoudl try a bag!
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    don't they have a weird smell and from what I remember.. they were kinda crunchy? or did I just get a bad batch!
  • LTCorreia
    LTCorreia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    They have them in all the Asian grocery stores I've gone to. They have a bunch of different kinds. They're really watery, tho, so if you use them with a sauce, I'd pat them with a paper towel first, otherwise the dish is a bit runny. Otherwise, I've made them for my nieces who have a ton of allergies and the relatives who were there and they all liked them. I'm Chinese so we are used to different things. My hubby is American and liked them, too.

I've recommended them years ago to diabetic friends and they have told me they found them in regular groceries in the NY area.
  • LTCorreia
    LTCorreia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    don't they have a weird smell and from what I remember.. they were kinda crunchy? or did I just get a bad batch!

They are a little bit crunchy- like jellyfish, but if you've never eaten that, the example is useless. LOL
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    Love em! They really help full you up with no Calories for those tight days :)
  • eventualrecovery
    Options
    I've tried them, and they're so gross :c I'd only use them if I put some stir-fried veggies in it. And zero calorie anything doesn't sound like a good idea. Except tea. Tea is the only thing without calories that tastes good o.o
  • scorpio61
    Options
    Yes, they do stink lol I thought the samething
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have two bags sitting here in my house and haven't figured out on how to do them.They say you need to strain them but I don't have anything that is small enough to do that with.. Any suggestions??? I hear the are good and my hubby and I want to try them..
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    They are the devil don't take them DONT TAKE THEM THEY HAVE CANCEROUS PROPERTIES.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    they do have a smell from what I read on other posts on here but your supposed to rinse them and they will be fine to use, no more smell. I was wondering how many carbs, calories are in these noodles? Anyone know?