Unable to eat all my calories.

Options
Ok I am having problems with eating all my calories. And when I complete my entry it always highlights in red that I am not eating all my calories. I am not a big eater. What do I need to do? I eat less than anyone in my house and I am the only one overweight?????????

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    You may want to make your food diary public for a few days so that fellow MFP'ers can take a look at what you are eating and offer suggestions.
  • Poguereid
    Poguereid Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem or had depending on the day. One thing that I started doing so that I got in my calories is eat every two hours. Oh, nothing big at first have breakfast then a few hours later a fruit or a yougert. Do that when you are a wake and after a few weeks you will find that every few hours you are hungry and that will help your intake.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I put 60 grams of walnuts in my salad for lunch. 400 calories.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This can happen to me pretty easily. I think I'm subconciously afraid that I'll use up my calories and be hungry, so I save them for later in the day - - - then I can't eat them all.

I have to make myself eat more calories early in the day.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Try eating foods which are higher in calories such as peanut butter, nuts, bananas, maybe add some whole wheat pasta to your meals to up the caloric content.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of overweight ppl who just don't eat enough. Try eating small meals throughout the day like someone else had suggested...that'll rev your metabolism, as well. Without seeing your food diary and activity level I can't accurately say...
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i thought red meant you went over
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    If you have an issue eating all of the calories you should be. Try high calories foods, healthy ones like nuts and such. But also if you need more, trying drinking your calories. Juices... ect...ect.... Make smart decisions health wise, but don't skimp on getting those calories into your body.
  • jlohren
    jlohren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On mine red means I went over. :(.
    Green appears to mean "go" :)
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    i thought red meant you went over
    if you eat less than 1200 calories you get a message saying something about Your body needs at least 1200 calories. I have the same issue. I have averaged -500 to about 700 calories a day for the last 32 yrs. I have kept my body in starvation mode and gained all the weight. Now that I am using MFP I am using a phone alarm reminding me to eat, I also shoot for 350 to 400 per meal. Also snacks. I have been able to increase my intake to at least 1200. I dont always make it, but I get close. At times I have even gone over the 1400. Today is a good example of that. I ae everything including my workout calories back. I have been on MFP for only 7 weeks or so and have lost 20 lbs. I hope that helps? Keri
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Umm - if you're seeing a red number, it's because you had no problem eating all your calories +some. Red indicates that you've eaten more calories than you're allotted.
  • Makingalist
    Options
    If you're not eating enough, you get a red message at the bottom of the screen telling you so. There are days when I don't make it, either, but not many of them.
  • tabitha360
    tabitha360 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    At the bottom of my log page it always say that I am not eating all my calories. That I am putting my body into starvation mode. And that it is not healthy. There is a paragraph below my numbers.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    try to eat a small 'meal' every 2 1/2 - 3 hours, this will help you eat your calories and also give your body something to burn constantly. I eat 5 'meals' a day and still have a couple of small healthy snacks, when I did this I started losing weight again.
  • CurlDiva
    CurlDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Excellent advice. I was having a difficult time meeting my calorie goal and added just one servince of peanut butter on whole grain multigrain bread and that enabled me to boost my protein and my calories needed to excercise. I also doubled up on my protein shakes mixed with low fat milk and after working out and meeting my calories I feel stronger. We'll see how that last after today's round of insanity though :)
  • tabitha360
    Options
    As of today I have 364 calories left over. And it is not in red.
  • tabitha360
    Options
    Thanks everyone your comments are helpful.