Boot Camp

Options
So, I am starting a Boot Camp in August and I am super excited but nervous as well. Has anyone had great experience being involved in Boot Camps? It's a 6 wk course, 2 days a week.

Replies

• nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started a boot camp on July 2 and love it. It's an ongoing class where you just pay month to month and get full body measurements at the beginning of each month. I've lost 11 pounds so far, but moreso, I can see, my endurance level increasing. Surprisingly people are already noticing my weight loss even though I haven't really let anyone know. Usually big girls like myself need to lose more than 11 pounds to see visual changes, but I'm happy :-)
  • risingsprings
    risingsprings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMGOSH!!!! Yeah, I've had GREAT succes w/ Boot Camp! I go 3x/week and then added in a few classes at the gym (like aerobics, body combat or body pump) and also did a c25k running program. I could NOT run 1 min on 1-1-12, and by the end of April I ran 4.25 miles and on 5-5 I ran my first 5K at Disney World! I've now lost 45# since 1-1 and I attribute it ALL to boot camp.

I'll let you know that the truth is there will be days when it's just too f-ing hard. And, you're going to FAIL. But working to failure is PERFECT!!! You are expending yourself beyond what you "thought" you could do. When you work out to failure, it means you are doing the absolute best you can do. I'm still LAST on virtually everything we do in BC when we do reps and runs and such, but you know what? It's completely fine w/ me. I've lost more weight percentage wise than anyone else in the last 6 months so I'm doing what is right for me. =)

Good luck!!!! You'll learn to love it.

OH one more VERY IMPORTANT THING -- this cannot be your ONLY exercise...2x/wk isn't enough. Add something you really like and you'll be melting pounds soon enough!
  • risingsprings
    risingsprings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    And...I'm STILL over 200#, just as a measure of who can do this!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.. It won't be my only exercise. I go to the gym also.. I am adding this to put a twist on the usual routine :) This is at a different gym down the road, hehe :)