Drain flies... HELP before I lose my mind!

Options
cheergirl1993
cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
Someone, anyone, please tell me you know how to get rid of drain/fruit flies. They are all over this house. They originally came from the kitchen sink, but are in every room of this house now. Im worried they are coming from the bathroom as well. I have sprayed razor ( I think its called) bug spray and it killed some of the adults but I know there are eggs in the drain and its just an ongoing cycle. I am at my wits end and literally going insane! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading this long post!

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Someone once told me to just run hot water through your drain, someone else said pour a little vegetable oil in the drain, I tried the hot water and it worked. Good luck!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh one more thing, if you have any pets in the house, please don't spray bug spray around them or onto anything they might get into. I almost lost my dog from a few sprays of Black Flag!!!!!!!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Vinegar and hit water rinse in all your drains. Run the disposal for a while. You can build or buy traps too. Apple cider vinegar with a drop of dish soap to break the surface tension. They come in and drown.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    We had them at my job and drano did the trick! It was trapped sugar from sugar scrub soap!
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Vinegar works REALLY well.. but you'll have to get rid of whatever they're feeding off of in the drain.
    1c baking soda followed by 3c boiling water - wait for it to all go down - then 1c vinegar. It works pretty well if the sink's not totally blocked.