Serious caffeine addiction

Options
Ok, I cannot give up pepsi! I have tried so hard to stop and can't. I drink 3-4 cans a day and I know it is all empty calories. Does anyone have advise about how to give it up? I have tried diet pepsi but can't stand the taste and plus dont want the aspartame. Please let me know any good way to stop the caffeine cravings!

Replies

• wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the superior caffeine delivery system
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Soda is hard to give up! I would just start cutting back on it. Wean yourself off. Either cut down the number of cans or buy those itty bitty ones and then keep progressively cutting back. I used to be addicted to soda and now I hardly ever drink it. (I do drink black coffee though :P) Good luck. And good choice staying away from fake sugar! It's sooo bad for you
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Ok, I cannot give up pepsi! I have tried so hard to stop and can't. I drink 3-4 cans a day and I know it is all empty calories. Does anyone have advise about how to give it up? I have tried diet pepsi but can't stand the taste and plus dont want the aspartame. Please let me know any good way to stop the caffeine cravings!

3-4 cans a day is not a serious addiction, hun. I was drinking 12-24 a day of Mtn Dew. Now THAT is a caffeine addiction! July 9, made 30 days mtn dew free, at which point I gave up cigarettes. You can do it, I know you can! I used Chia Seeds. They help level your mood out and I found that they give me lots of energy.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You seriously CAN do ANYTHING you put your mind to.
    So ask yourself...... how bad do you want to give up on pepsi?
    If you don't really want to give it up, you will continue to struggle.

I agree with the cutting back method before giving it up though.

I quit MT Dew (8-12 cans a day)
    smoking
    cream and sugar in my coffee followed by-
    coffee (due to pregnancy but I drink it again now black most often)
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I am only going to have 1 can today.. hopefully I survive lol
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    Just thought I would say I only drank 2 cans today! I am so proud!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I cut out beer and soda cold turkey, just BAM....I saw a huge change in only a couple of weeks. Once I saw how detrimental that stuff was, I had no desire to drink them again. I've probably had 3 sodas this year during social events. They are good, but I don't miss them.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pepsi max is more like pepsi and less diety.
    coke zero is pretty good too.

i had no problem quitting smoking, but take my soda from me and i will cut you.