Very feminine NSV

Options
I have PCOS & never had a regular TOM & if ever I had it, it usually lasts for almost a month. I have lost weight ever since then & today I'm now having it monthly which only last 2-3 days & its been like this for two months in a row :D

Not to mention that my insulin & blood sugar have improved as well. I'm diabetic & I developed that disease because of PCOS so my blood sugar went from 200 down to 120-140. Still way beyond normal range of <100 but nevertheless that helped me a lot.

Replies

• kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS & never had a regular TOM which lasts for almost a month but today I'm now having it monthly which only last 2-3 days & its been like this for two months in a row :D

That is AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you! I have several friends with PCOS and I have asked if they tried getting healthier and maybe losing some weight (sounds horrible, but I had to ask them). They all said no. I then told them that if losing weight can stop my hair from falling out, lower BP, and reverse diabetes(not mine, I don't have it) then why can't it help with PCOS?? You have proven my point. :)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'd say having your body function normally has got to be the BEST nsv!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    amazing!!! as a fellow PCOS chick, I love hearing stories like this. :D
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :D

This only proves that anything is possible if we want it. We have the power to conquer our body that not even sickness can steal away from.
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :D

This only proves that anything is possible if we want it. We have the power to conquer our body that not even sickness can steal away from.

I used to get sick about ever 2 months with colds, infections, and what not. I haven't been sick at all since I started losing the weight. *knocks on wood*
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    congrats! and keep up the good work. I had irregular period for as long as i can remember (every 2 to 3 months).. I lost the weight and it has really helped. I kinda miss going that long without a period, but I know that I am healthier having it every month... ya know what I mean.

congrats again!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have PCOS too, and when I started losing weight, the periods came right back. I am still not used to a monthly period, or any consistency. It's really nice to know when it's going to happen!

My NSV, related to this, would be that I'm finally ovulating regularly, and can actually get pregnant! It's such a freeing feeling, as I'm sure you realize!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I've got PCOS also.

Last year I had 3 periods all year. This year I've had one every month, apart from the two months I was pregnant. :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That is great news. I am happy for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!