Another Newbie

Options
I started on Weight Watchers about four months ago. And I love the program. I lost 18.4 pounds in that time. However, now that the weather is getting colder and I don't want to walk outside I decided to go back to the Y for workouts and quite frankly, don't see the use in paying $35 a month to WW just to weigh-in when I'll also pay $35 a month for the gym.

My sister told me about this site and I love it so far.

Replies

• SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
    I am so glad you found this site! It is awesome. I have used WW before also. This site will do the same thing for you as long as you faithfully do the food diary, exercise, and drink your 8+ glasses of water. I am so grateful that there is a free website out there like this. I hope you take advantage of everything on this site and feel free to write if you have any questions or just need some encouragement. :wink:

Be blessed,

Jessica
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like Jessica said, this site is awesome and you will see results if you take full advantage of it. I wish you luck along the way! Congratulations on the weight you've already lost. Keep up the good work!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hi, good job so far and welcome to a new life using MFP ! WW is good, I weigh in once a month for at goal weigh in, if I miss I pay $10 when I go the next month! Keeps me in check but this sight is free and it is way less hassle. Just log 'ALL' that you eat, drink no less than 8 glasses of water and log the exercise . Just make sure you eat alloted cal's AND the calories you gained from your exercise! I love to work out and some days I have 1000 extra cals due to the fitness but I do not eat that much extra!! You are on a roll, utilize that $35 and log here and soon you will be at goal !! Best wishes chickie!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I started on Weight Watchers about four months ago. And I love the program. I lost 18.4 pounds in that time. However, now that the weather is getting colder and I don't want to walk outside I decided to go back to the Y for workouts and quite frankly, don't see the use in paying $35 a month to WW just to weigh-in when I'll also pay $35 a month for the gym.

My sister told me about this site and I love it so far.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is awesome
  • amthomps521
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! That is fantastic! I really love this site, like everyone else- it's free , and so easy to use and you can find great ideas and support. I tried the WW point system w/o actually joining two years ago before I found this site, I was successful at first then my weight loss seemed to stall. Good old fashioned counting calories (I like keeping track of carbs,fats, and proteins too)seems to work better for me-and this site is awesome for that. I have really incorporated excersise in my life now and I feel great-way less than my age! Anyway, welcome and good luck to you, you're off to a great start!!
  • lacysue
    lacysue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    9 lbs down!!! woot woot.
  • Creeole69
    Creeole69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Loved all the responses. Very informative. Got a little lost during the holidays, but thankfully only gained 2 lbs back. Already lost them both.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    This site is quite informative! The internet alone provides so much info. Keep on track! Love the username.