Greetings from a Southern Newbie

healthyjourney
healthyjourney Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm so glad I found this site. I think its going to be my 'missing link' as I've been afraid to exercise on my TotalGym because I'm alone and others on this site can hold me accountable. I used to think that what I ate wasn't enough but now that I have to keep a food diary, its almost too much that I'm eating. (under 100 calories).

I've got an awful lot of weight to loose, I don't need encouragement as much as I need motivation but will welcome all support I can get.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hi and welcome
  • you CAN do it!!! just force yourself to stick to it! This site is great for motivation!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: You are going to be glad you found this site. There is so much encouragement, advice, information, and so many people who have been thru what you are going thru that you will never feel alone.

The Nutrition trackers and Fitness trackers will keep you accountable and AWARE of how many calories you are actually burning.

Good Luck on meetingall your goals.

Jeannie
  • Greetings Southern Newbie, I too live in the south, Louisiana, & love to eat great tasting food & do no exercise. I just joined myself. I will be glad to help motivate you, if you will help me also. I have a Gold's Gym treadmill in my exercise room & even added DirecTV to give me no reason, "to miss my shows". I just have not followed thru with getting off of my keaster & taking that 1st step. I will check with you & help you if you will check in on me also. I can do the eating healthier part, it's that exercise I HATE!!! My STARTING goal is to loose 50 lbs. I think that is reachable. Then I will set a new goal for more. Are you game?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Squeaker. Getting started is the hardest part. You have taken the first steps so the hardest part is behind you.

Now just prepare to get healthy and get prepared to become addicted to this site.
  • Thank you all for the warm and sincere greetings. Yes, I love those Nutrition and Fitness trackers, its what Jillian and Bob harp about each week on Biggest Losers, to keep a diary of our selves and a food diary. Now hopefully I'll remember to clock in daily. I so hate routine, guess this is a habit I'm going to HAVE to get used to for my success. I want to be below the 199 lb by my 62 birthday next April 2010 and with y'all, I know its possible. Thanks in advance for all you do.

Lucy:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.