Belly Fat

Options
I am very aware of the huge health risks of a big waist meaurement and carrying most of the excess fat in this area. I have read The Blood sugar Solution which was a real eye opener for me. All of my family are this "apple" shape. My plan is to log in here everyday, stick to my calorie allowance and take 30 minutes of exercise daily. I have even purchased a treadmill for the days I dont go walking. Can anyone give me extra advice on how to shrink this fat? Appreciate any help thank you. Linda.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i started doing 250 sit ups a day and it is working for me!
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    250! WOW.
  • jobione89
    jobione89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Sit ups will train your abs- stomach muscles, but will not shred the fat. To get rid of the fat you want to be doing about 30 minutes of cardio exercise a day, treadmill is fine, and instead of eating 3 big meals split your eating into 5 or 6 SMALL meals a day. This will keep your metabolism up if you eat about every 2-3 hours of the day.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congrats aon taking a decision to change.
    Remember that this is a lifestyle change and you need to find a solution that you can live with for the rest of your life. Do not starve yourself. Eat all your calories INCLUDING excercise calories. Skip processed foods and cook your own.

You need to decide on a programme and stick to it for at least 6 weeks and then re-evaluate. Everyone is different and you need to find what works for you.

I eat carbs/fat/protein in the ratio 40/30/30 and I do strength training and very little cardio. I've lost 24 pounds and 4% body fat.

Hope that helps :smile:
  • Celticlin
    Celticlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice, will be on here daily.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    i started doing 250 sit ups a day and it is working for me!
    I hope you mean crunches.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You can certainly strengthen the muscles in this area but the only way to truly reduce it is to reduce overall body fat. Given your genes, this may be a stubborn area and the last to go.