Insomnia!!

Options
holliberri0409
holliberri0409 Posts: 10 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for sleep? I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs ago & honest to God I haven't had a complete night of sleep since.. I've tried sleeping pills, different herbs, everything.. It's like complete restlessness.. Just wondering if anyone else has that & if so does anything help??

Replies

• TheLittleKittie
    Options
    Hi Hollie,

It's the pits isn't it. I've suffered extreme insomnia for 7 years so *hugs* to you. Nothing seems to work for me, I've also been put on every medication going, there's a drug called Remeron in the US (mirtazipine in th UK) that at low doses has been shown to help sleep problems BUT I am on this and gained 2 stone; since I've been put on the higher dose my weigh gain has stopped (I'm on this for bipolar) oddly enough, but at 15mg a day or less I piled on weight. I wasn't put on it for insomnia, but it did make me sleep - but it was hit the wall exhausted style of knocking me out. So impractical if you work, and I had to give up driving.

I'm guessing you'll have tried my box of tricks, not exercising too close to bed, cutting out stimulants, aromatherapy (lavender) and so on?

Lucy
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My mind races, I sometimes listen to books on the ipod. Thats a tough one.
  • alexandra0713
    alexandra0713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I also have a TON of trouble sleeping. Nothing seems to help, so I'm interested in seeing suggestions.
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi! I've had extremely bad insomnia, I'd go 8 days straight with no sleep then randomly pass out, regardless as to what I was doing or where I was. (Even feel asleep cooking dinner for my family and burnt my arm!)
    It turns out I had a dead thyroid /hypothyroidism.
    My pills haven't been working 100% for me (Im a difficult case) but I'd advise you go to the doctor and asked to be tested. Not saying this is what's causing it, but it's very common for women to have thyroid problems and not even know it! Plus, being careful wont hurt right?

Anyways hope for the best, I know how hard insomnia can be. <3