Any tallish girls with transformation pics

Options
I'm 5.9/5.10 (depending on who measures me). I use 5.9 for bmi and body fat figures just to be on the safe side. I presently weigh 13st2lbs, but have weighed as much as 14st7lbs in the past. My body fat worked out on an online calculator came out at 37! But I do think that's a bit of an overestimation because I carry all my weight around my middle and next to nothing around my legs, and this particular calculator didn't take any leg measurements. Anyhow I want to be around 10st 5lbs (145lbs) with a body fat percentage inside the "fitness" range, so 21 to 24.

Anyone with comparable journeys to give me a bit of a motivational boost?

Thanks ! :)

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump sorry im a shortie
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a tall girl but I don't have enough progress to post a picture yet :(
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 6ft and started out at 15 st 10 at the end of May and as of this morning I'm at 14 st 2.8. I posted progress pics a little while ago and today I posted a pic of myself in a size 14 dress that I couldn't fit in last month. My goal weight is 11 stone, I haven't been that thin since I was 16!

Good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do it!! :)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am still a work in progress, but there are a couple of pics on my profile if you want to look. I started out at 332.4 pounds and am currently 228.4. I am 5'11".
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm not quite as tall as you; I'm 5'8", but I've lost 100 pounds. My profile pic is my before after.
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 lbs in Oct 2010… I am now 158, my goal being 150.. in my healthy range.
    I’m 5’8… I use a mixture of Lesley Sansone DVDs, and the gym. I am on a 1300 calorie daily goal, don’t eat exercise calories back. Don’t eat fast food, processed foods, limit bread and pasta… and strive to only snack on things that contain even a small amount of protein.
    Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2010 – 250 lbs
    Before.jpg
    momandme-1.jpg
    microphone-1.jpg
    Feb 2011 – 240 lbs
    beforebraandpanties-1.jpg
    Apr 2011 – 217 lbs
    217lbs-1.jpg
    Oct 2011 – 178 lbs
    176lbs.jpg
    Nov 2011 – 173 lbs (My new jacket I always wanted)
    171lbs-Celebrationjacketofhittingagoal.jpg
    June 2012 - 158 lbs
    orange1-1.jpg
    bluefront-1-1.jpg
    blueside-1.jpg
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5'10 here! (I actually think I might be a bit more than that)

I'm sorry I don't know how to convert lbs to stones, but I started at 271, now at 252. I havent posted pics yet, but they'll come soon.

p.s. I didn't start using MFP until after I dropped the first 10lbs.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I started at 250 lbs in Oct 2010… I am now 158, my goal being 150.. in my healthy range.
    I’m 5’8… I use a mixture of Lesley Sansone DVDs, and the gym. I am on a 1300 calorie daily goal, don’t eat exercise calories back. Don’t eat fast food, processed foods, limit bread and pasta… and strive to only snack on things that contain even a small amount of protein.
    Oct 2010 – 250 lbs
    Before.jpg
    momandme-1.jpg
    microphone-1.jpg
    Feb 2011 – 240 lbs
    Apr 2011 – 217 lbs
    217lbs-1.jpg
    Oct 2011 – 178 lbs
    176lbs.jpg
    June 2012 - 158 lbs
    orange1-1.jpg
    bluefront-1-1.jpg
    blueside-1.jpg

look at you go girl!! you look fab! Great job!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Still have a ways to go- but this is so far :) i'm 5'9

-40lbs.jpg
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'10"
    SW: 230 lbs (2010) Size: 18/20
    CW: 188 lbs Size: 14
    GW: 170 lbs
    UGW: 150 lbs

In late 2010 I had enough of my weight and some xmas pics proved to be my undoing. I joined MFP and worked out at the gym with lots of cardio. Stayed strong for about 6 months and with a loss of 20 pounds made some changes to my diet and cut out the last of the bad foods. Started watching my portion sizes and another 6 moths lost another 30 pounds targeting 1200 cals per day. Stayed at that weight for about 6 months (eating 1200 and not working out) and after gaining back about 10 pounds have been back at the fitness for 4 months.

In April 2012 I started walking, then jogging, then interval running. About 30 days ago I started with some strength training and now have joined LA Boxing Gym and have started taking kickboxing/boxing classes. Such a newbie at it but feel so strong. Only a slight drop on the scale recently BUT I can feel the changes already. Can't wait to take some measurements soon. I know I will see a difference.

Keep with it! You will get there!

230lbs.jpg

215lbs.jpg

205lbs.jpg

195lbs.jpg

185lbs.jpg

FACE:

215lbs-2.jpg
    274-1.jpg
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    145 is an absolutely reasonable goal, although, at 5'10", I know that I get very grumpy when I am under 150. Since college I've only been 140-145 when I was nursing a toddler. My current goal is 165. If I hit that and still feel good, I would like to get down to 150 and maintain.

I have been slowly and steadily losing a pound a week since I started. It has been pretty easy and getting easier all the time. At this point I am consistently not quite eating my calories and not at all hungry for at least a month and my weight loss seems to be getting a bit faster. But I am also just walking for exercise - not like the many very energetic folks here.

I am learning a huge amount about what is caloric from reading this site and logging everything. For me, I try to keep my blood sugar low and steady with 40% carbs - almost all from hard to digest (low glycemic) things like whole grains or fruits/veggies.

Good luck! It's easier to let your weight sneak up on you when you're tall because we carry it better. If I had known more and used this site earlier, I would never have crept up as far as I had.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'll add some pics later. I am 5'10" :)
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Wow, thanks for this, inspirational. You look fab x
    Oct 2010 – 250 lbs
    Before.jpg
    momandme-1.jpg
    microphone-1.jpg
    Feb 2011 – 240 lbs
    Apr 2011 – 217 lbs
    217lbs-1.jpg
    Oct 2011 – 178 lbs
    176lbs.jpg
    June 2012 - 158 lbs
    orange1-1.jpg
    bluefront-1-1.jpg
    blueside-1.jpg
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Wow, you're looking great!
    Still have a ways to go- but this is so far :) i'm 5'9

-40lbs.jpg
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Yes, photos are always a wake up call for me, the mirror can be too kind! You're looking well though well done!
    5'10"
    SW: 230 lbs (2010) Size: 18/20
    CW: 188 lbs Size: 14
    GW: 170 lbs
    UGW: 150 lbs

In late 2010 I had enough of my weight and some xmas pics proved to be my undoing. I joined MFP and worked out at the gym with lots of cardio. Stayed strong for about 6 months and with a loss of 20 pounds made some changes to my diet and cut out the last of the bad foods. Started watching my portion sizes and another 6 moths lost another 30 pounds targeting 1200 cals per day. Stayed at that weight for about 6 months (eating 1200 and not working out) and after gaining back about 10 pounds have been back at the fitness for 4 months.

In April 2012 I started walking, then jogging, then interval running. About 30 days ago I started with some strength training and now have joined LA Boxing Gym and have started taking kickboxing/boxing classes. Such a newbie at it but feel so strong. Only a slight drop on the scale recently BUT I can feel the changes already. Can't wait to take some measurements soon. I know I will see a difference.

Keep with it! You will get there!

230lbs.jpg

215lbs.jpg

205lbs.jpg

195lbs.jpg

185lbs.jpg

FACE:

215lbs-2.jpg
    274-1.jpg
  • BeautifulAmazonGoddess
    Options
    bump!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    I don't know if it's because of being tall, but I always feel like it's a blink of an eye between chubby and fat. It just seems to creep up on me for some reason. Probably more likely to be psychological!
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's because of being tall, but I always feel like it's a blink of an eye between chubby and fat. It just seems to creep up on me for some reason. Probably more likely to be psychological!

Definitely sneaky. I always thought I hid it so well until BAM here is a picture of you that you didn't know was taken...full body candid in all its glory...augh. Yeah that's the worst. I'm still afraid of them...just waiting for one to kick me off my weight loss cloud.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" 160lbs and around 20% body fat.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I've lost 125 pounds. Pics and info in my "success story" thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/632212-one-year-120-pounds-lost-with-pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!