How many calories should you burn?

Options
I am really confused about working out, I have been doing Mari Windsor Pilates DVD for a few months now and only just got the Bob Harper Pure Burn DVD a few days ago and have only been able to do the 20 minute workout on BH twice a day.

I wasn't getting any results from the pilates, so changed to the BH and love the extra energy I seem to have because of it (I don't know why, maybe it's a mental thing??!) Before I bought the BH dvd, I decided to print out some exercise sheets I found on the internet that had crunches, push ups, squats, sit ups etc on it... I did this once for about 20 mins and thought "I feel great!" but suffered so much I couldnt do anything for a week, I was walking like a 90 year old all hunched over and felt like my muscles had ripped into a thousand shreds! So.... That's when I found a real workout and got the BH DVD.

Long story short, I am eating really clean and have been eating the 1200 required of me each day.... BUT I'm not losing anything.............. :(:(:( so I have no idea about exercise and wondering if one of you smarties out there could tell me how much exercise I should be doing a day or week to be actually losing weight, I really have no idea how or what to do... I need to start off slowly (as you can tell from me pushing myself too far with the squats and all that)... I currently weigh 65kg, female, wanting to lose at least 8kg. preferably before December!

I have read alot about burning 3000 calories to burn a pound of fat (I work in kgs in Aus) and have no idea how I am meant to do that, I struggle with exercise and cannot just push myself to do that, is that meant to be over a week?? helppppppppppppp

Thank you x

Replies