My Appetite is Through the Roof

Options
For the last month I've been exercising up to six times a week. I genuinely enjoy it so it's not a chore.

This week however, my appetite is through the roof, I not craving naughty treats, I am really am hungry.

Fortunately I take lots of healthy snacks to work and eat a balanced lunch.

By the time my journey home begins I'm so hungry I can think of nothing else but tearing through he rush hour, pushing the kids aside at the front door and grabbing some food.

MFP recommends I eat 1320 calories daily to loose a pound a week.

What do you think?

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    do you eat your exercise calories?

how much do you have to lose (1lb a week may actually be too much - if that is you in your profile picture then i'd say too much)?

you need calories to help put on muscle and so raise your metabolism. If you are starving when you get home then that probably is a signal that you need to eat. Try upping the protein as that should reduce the hunger pangs without being too calorific
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying 'girlinahat', yes I aways eat back calories burnt, another reason why I workout so much, I can eat more! Ha.

So protein will keep me fuller for longer?
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    protein is a great idea and listen to your body.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Because it's still on my clipboard from another thread-

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/9-ways-to-deal-with-hunger-on-a-diet.html
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I read the article thank you for posting, this comment 'However, another category of people often use exercise as an excuse to eat more' smacked me between the eyes. That's me alright.

I eat a very balanced diet so I think I'll try a high protein lunch, perhaps wild rice and beans with fish or egg white.