Strange NSV

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
Today begins my last year in my 30's:sad: , I've lost 129 lbs in a year:smile: All I've been thinking of the last two days are the hot glazed donuts at my local bakery.....so for my birthday I treated myself to that sweet, sticky awesomeness.................the NSV is that in the past year of working on my thoughts and not being on a "diet"..........I DON'T FEEL GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:

Times past when I've "dieted" I always felt guilt for every morsel that went in my mouth that was considered "bad" I feel so great because I ate the donut, it was amazingly good, I ate only ONE and I don't feel like the world is coming to an end because I did!!!

Replies

• Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations on 129 pounds lost and on having the willpower to stick to just one doughnut! That's the biggest reason why I don't deprive myself of anything. I don't want to crash and burn because of an overwhelming craving for something that I can't have. If I want something I make sure it will fit within my calorie limit, and then eat it. I was craving a doughnut last week, for DAYS. Finally, my husband bought some glazed doughnut holes and I ate 2 of them. It was just enough to take care of my craving and the rest of them sat there for a couple days untouched before they were thrown in the trash.

Oh, and turning 40 isn't so bad. :wink: I'll be 42 in January and I've gotta say, I've had more fun since I entered my 40's than I did in all of my 30's. :drinker:
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    Hurray! No death spiral of shame! Sustainable eating! Responsible treat-having! You are ready to be a grownup.

Congratulations, this is a huge accomplishment to have a positive relationship with food.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude! :flowerforyou: Great job and happy birthday.
  • midcenturymodern69
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations on the weight loss! That's really great.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hurray! No death spiral of shame! Sustainable eating! Responsible treat-having! You are ready to be a grownup.

Congratulations, this is a huge accomplishment to have a positive relationship with food.

haha! Love it! Congrats!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    First of all, Happy Birthday to you, and congratulations on such an amazing weight loss. I was laughing to myself about what you said about not feeling guilty. Last night I had a debate with myself about whether or not I wanted to go to the gym and was feeling really guilty about not wanting to go. But guess what, I took a day off from exercising and the world did not end!! We do have to make a lifestyle adjustment of eating healthy and exercising, and not feel guilty if we eat a donut or a piece of candy, or if we decide not to exercise for one day. Congratulations again on your amazing weight loss and enjoy your birthday.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

^^^This!! I am working toward a healthier relationship with food, so your story is a positive kick for me! Thank you and congrats on losing 129 pounds! How awesome! :happy:
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    WHOA!!! 129lbs in a year is AWESOME....congrats!! And Happy Birthday!! :smile:
  • VSGme
    VSGme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    great job on the loss, and for eating the donut! I think it's a great NSV!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you! :flowerforyou:

I turn 40 in September :grumble: not too pleased about it, but hey, just gotta go with it! I'm using it as an excuse for a holiday! My fella and I are celebrating in Barcelona :bigsmile: can't wait!

Enjoy your day :drinker:
  • MrsKoolaid15
    MrsKoolaid15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy bday. Congrats on the amazing weight loss. And I don't know you but I am so proud of you for only eating one. That Is my problem. I figure oh I'm already off my diet. So what will it hurt? And then I mess myself all up. Again, congrats. Glad the world didn't come to an end. :)
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    congrats on both the loss and healthy relationship with food :)
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I'm hoping one day I'll be able to share a similar story :)
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    WOW!!:noway: 129 lbs lost is amazing! Congrats on all you have learned on your journey and enjoy your birthday!!:drinker:
  • blessedindeed
    blessedindeed Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss mega success!!!!! Happy, Happy Birthday! Welcome to the Fantastic 40's! Hold on tight, you're in for the ride of your life!

That's my story as well, I'm not at my goal weight YET, but when I have a treat, I no longer feel like a failure....it's liberating to know I have the power to stop and not go overboard! Again, Congrats and enjoy your day!
  • rxgyrl55a
    rxgyrl55a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wonderful Birthday present to yourself. Congratulations
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!! I turned 40 just last week and I have to say it's really amazing!! My profile pic is from my bday party. :blushing:

You're amazing! Age is just another number... it only has the power you choose to give it! Besides, 40 is the new 20 :wink:
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have more self discipline in losing 129 pounds than most of us put together.

I hope that the doughnut was delightful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!