Before & after (7weeks post-op tummy tuck) 45 lbs down!

Options
jpowell3976
jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
Hopefully this isn't against any rules. I was careful to cover as much as possible & still share the AWESOMENESS!!! I never thought this would happen for me and MFP helped make my dream come true! I still have 30 pounds until goal, but MAN!!! I feel GREAT!!!

ba7weekpostop.jpg

Replies

• lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Thanks Lisa!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Thanks hats!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am confused I think. LOL Is this 45lbs lost because of the tummy tuck or the result of losing the 45lbs and then getting the tummy tuck? Either way, you look fantastic!
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    That looks so good!! I so would love a tummy tuck I have that flap too :(
  • Ldavies85
    Ldavies85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job! Looks really good, I bet it felt so great to get rid of the excess skin.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Kiki829
    Kiki829 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How painful was the recovery?
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Is that going to scar? Just curious cuz some people I've seen pics with tummy tucks you don't see any scars. Your stomach looks great BTW.
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Lol! The tummy tuck is the result of losing 45lbs+. The tummy tuck took off an additional 8 pounds of skin, etc. though...lol!
  • grandmatimes9
    Options
    looking good!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    You look amazing....good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I respect that you put the work in first. good for you. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • kvanderbeek1
    kvanderbeek1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! You have to feel so good about your accomplishment. Keep up the hard work. Can I ask how long it took for you to lose the 45. I'm just a month into it and have about 40 or 50 to go but seeing stories like yours really inspire me to keep going.
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Question? how did you get a photo of my tummy for your 'before" photo? Just kidding. Im also 32 and have four children and my tummy looks just like your before photo. I would love a "mommy make-over" when I'm finished loosing my weight. I just started, but thanks for sharing and giving inspiration!!! You look great!!!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Lol! The tummy tuck is the result of losing 45lbs+. The tummy tuck took off an additional 8 pounds of skin, etc. though...lol!

awesome! i'm considering a tummy tuck when i'm finished. i have loose skin on my tummy and thighs but i don't want to do it until i hit goal i think... i'm not sure. lol
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    Recovery wasn't too painful (good pain meds the first week and Tylenol for the second week). I was also pretty numb until recently. The doctor also lipo'd my flanks and they are still pretty swollen (should be gone completely at 3 months) and numb (again 3 months before normal). Everything is so much easier without the apron hanging around my waist! Thank you to all of y'all for the kind words & encouragement! Also, the scar should fade to thin white lines at the 1 year mark.
  • jpowell3976
    Options
    This is awesome! You have to feel so good about your accomplishment. Keep up the hard work. Can I ask how long it took for you to lose the 45. I'm just a month into it and have about 40 or 50 to go but seeing stories like yours really inspire me to keep going.

It took about 6 months to lose the 45 pounds. Hang in there!
  • fleegle57
    fleegle57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I also had a tummy tuck, about 3 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did for myself! My weight has fluctuated some since then, but I gained in my butt and thighs and upper arms instead of my tummy! I guess there's no fat to gain there. I am working on taking it off and getting to a good weight for me. Anyway, last Monday I had gallbladder surgery and I have 4 new scars on my previously perfect tummy but I can deal with it! At least it's flat!
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You're tummy looks great!! Congratulations on the 45# and on the tummy tuck. What a difference. Wish I could get rid of my humongous pouch, but after a successful B/R 4 yrs. ago, I don't think I want to have anymore surgery at this point! So happy for you:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!