Are you psyched for the Olympics?

Options
JPod279
JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
I turn 40 this year, so I grew up in the Cold War era. I always remember the Olympics as being a time to stick it to those commies. Although times have changed I still love to pull for team USA, no matter the sport. I love my country and always want to see us be the best. It just seems like the younger people don't care about the Olympics as much. So do you love watching the Olympics? Are you more a fan of the summer games or winter games? I have to admit the winter games have few events I don't like to watch, but there are more summer events and I love the variety. And I think the most exciting event in all of the Olympics is the 100 meter dash. It is crazy seeing how fast these guys have gotten.

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love the games. I like the winter games more.

I detest that NBC thinks all I want to do is watch taped events that everyone already knows the results of.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    So psyched for the Olympics! Hard to pick just one sport!! Gymnastics hits close to home since Jordyn Weiber grew up only about 20 minutes away and my daughter attends the same gym as her! But so many exciting events to watch! GO TEAM USA!!!
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am totally excited for the Olympics to start I cannot wait to watch the running events and am excited about the South African guy(sorry,dont remember his name) who has no legs and is a world class athelete I find it so insprirational, I like summer olympics more, just more events that I like to watch but I do like to watch skiing, snowboarding and fiqure skating in the winter.
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Usually I don't really care about the olympics but this year I have really gotten into it. I am actually looking forward to it. I know my husband is looking forward to the basketball =) so im sure we will be watching =) we are 24 and 23 =)
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    Nah
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    Actually I am more amused at the sh$tty behavior and attitude a lot of Londoners have been showing. Quite amusing.

Grumpy, grumpy...
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes--my cousin is swimming in three events, so I can't wait to watch!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    No, because I don't like watching only those sports/events that the media thinks I am interested in. I want to see the others, but because I can't, I don't get excited and I don't tune in much. It may be on the TV, but I am not paying attention.
  • WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE OSCAR PISTORIUS!!!!!! He is the first (double) amputee to compete in the Olympics and the Paralympics. I am also excited for Lolo Jones, Kerri Walsh & Misty May-Treanor, those crazy gymnasts!!! I love it all, I am an Olympic dork!!! I am very sad that Dara Torres didn't make the women's swim team.

But, you guys won't be able to resist Oscar, he is truly amazing.
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Actually I am more amused at the sh$tty behavior and attitude a lot of Londoners have been showing. Quite amusing.

Grumpy, grumpy...

Not all of us Londoners are grumpy about it, was at Stratford yesterday and picked up Handball tickets!
  • Kebabmeatchips
    Kebabmeatchips Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE OSCAR PISTORIUS!!!!!! He is the first (double) amputee to compete in the Olympics and the Paralympics.

Agree, this will be really good to see.
  • TheyCallMeTaterSalad
    Options
    I am totally psyched for the Olympics! Gymnastics has always been my favorite event & now that I have a four year old that is in gymnastics (and competitive dance) it really is close to my heart. I can't wait to see all of the gold medals that the USA brings back. :D
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Women's artistic gymnastics (I'm sorry but rhythmic is just sooo boring)! I wasn't the right build to continue (curse my height) but for a while there I so dreamed of competing in the Olympics. Still love watching.
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh, and of course I want to see Australia come home with a huge medal count! Not in gymnastics though :laugh:.
  • LeslieSJR
    LeslieSJR Posts: 64
    Options
    I am super excited about women's soccer. Wearing my US jersey right now for the first game!
  • oldscratch57
    Options
    YES ! remember going to the summer games in '84 !! (god im old :( )
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously looking forward to the BMX events!! My son has raced against several of the competitors including USA team members Nic Long and Connor Fields...It will be very exciting to see people I actually know competing on the "big stage"!!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Well we got free tickets to go see the women's football on Saturday, so really looking forward to that. I'm not hugely into sport but I'm sure I'l be seduced occasionally