Mom who is heading back to the gym when school starts

Options
While my elementary aged kids are off school for the summer, my exercise program consists mainly of the following:

Staying busy with the kids and running the household
Playing golf 1-2 times per week- usually walking, not using power cart
Walking - 30 min. 4-5 times per week
The Push Up, Sit Up, Squat Challenge

I eat pretty well, but relax a bit on vacations or when friends come to visit. So basically, I maintain roughly the same shape/size.

However, when August 23 arrives, I am heading back to the gym in full force, and am ready to get toned and lose about 5-10 pounds. I will attend a one hour class 5 days per week alternating between Body Pump and Yoga. I will also do cardio even though it is my least favorite part. I am also thinking about hiring a trainer. My diet will improve.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or do you have any feedback? Best wishes to all of you on your journey to better health!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have such a rigerous gym schedule in the fall, but when the kids are home I have to improvise a little.

I do workout at home when I can't sneak away to get to the gym. I do videos, and sometimes just my own Crossfit routines. As long as I get 1/2 in on a day I can't get to the gym, I feel satisfied.

The eating part is harder though when they are home! I can't wait to get the kids back into school and back into a routine!