Kinda New to MFP

Options
I started last week and looking for support and motivation. I have a 14 month old and I had to have a c-section when I had her and it is very hard to lose the weight. I have not been drinking any sodas this makes my second week. I have changed my eating habits and not eating as much and exercising everyday. I see some people on here that have lost weight from 10-60 pounds I am just wondering what are you doing to help you lose it and maybe I can take tips from people. I really want to be back down to 155 like I was 4 years ago so I have like 38 pounds to lose. If you would like to give support and motivation or even be a friend I would like that. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss goals!

Replies

• amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You will do an amazing job and remember it takes time for the weight to start coming off. So keep doing what you are doing so far and the weight is going to come off.. and slow is better because like I told you, these past 2 months have been hard for me and well I have been able to maintain the weight most of the time except for the few water weight gains etc. :)
  • gladpants
    gladpants Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome!

As to what people are doing... exactly what you are doing, but not taking short cuts(not to say you are. Just that's how they do it for long periods of time.)I'm only a week in and my whole outlook on life has changed. Though my counter doesn't say it I've already lost weight(waiting to weigh back in officially on my doctors scale) I have a boat load more energy. The lack of soda intake makes it easier for me to sleep at night since I don't have all that caffeine coursing through my blood stream. Im excited to meet my goal and have already met people who have done what I'm doing. Use this as a tool and not as a inhibitor. This app/website is not here to tell you are bad. It is here to help you realize the consequences of your actions and how to help balance them out. Want to go out with some friends and have a few drinks. Spend 30 more minutes at the gym. Want to have a pizza on the weekends, balance out your meals and exercise through out the day. I'm so happy the community here understands there are not cheat foods just meet your macros. Try not to eat all those really bad foods all the time but having them is not a bad thing, life would suck without indulgences. Be happy. Congratulations on the baby and look forward to all the energy you will have to be with him/her.
  • oceanviewdream
    oceanviewdream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you can add me.... Just take it one day at a time you the weight gain didn't happen in 1 day so the loss will take time too... dont beat yourself up when it doesn't come off right away you will have ups and downs too.... but just stay on track and you will succeed. The one thing I have learned and it took away to sink in is its okay to have something you really want (hence a craving pizza, chocolate) or whatever it is as long as you do it in moderation and stay on track with whatever exercise your doing.....

Good luck ...... wish you the best...... looking forward to seeing your results that your looking for......
  • Raestanke9
    Raestanke9 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've lost 70 pounds now and I would have to say the biggest thing in helping me was realizing what portion sizes actually are, and sticking to only eating the number of calories that I am allotted for that day... Plus exercising, I personally do not eat back the calories I burn. And I have just started to realize that one bad day is not the end of the world. Even if I ate my weight in food I know that it is better to go work out than to not work out, no matter how much I eat. I might not lose weight, but it is better than nothing. Also at the beginning I danced a lot, and I got flirty girl fitness, which got kinda boring but man does that work! Good luck! you can do it I have faith! :)
  • GiGi_FIERCE
    Options