Don't like plain water?

Options
I hate drinking plain water! If you're in the same boat as I am, you have to try that MIO water enhancer! I bought a bottle last night and added a squirt into my water bottle and it is delicious!!! Just wanted to pass this along to anyone that doesn't like just plain water. No calories, no carbs. :)

Replies

• kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about it is that it has fake sugar in it :-(. I squeeze lemon juice in mine, or get a pitcher and put in some sliced cucumbers and/or mint leaves to give the water a nice flavor with no sugar added. :-)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about it is that it has fake sugar in it :-(. I squeeze lemon juice in mine, or get a pitcher and put in some sliced cucumbers and/or mint leaves to give the water a nice flavor with no sugar added. :-)

I've been using Crystal Light...

My friend swears by putting slices of cucumber in the water. It adds a lightly sweet freshness to it.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Mio is all fake sweetener and food dye:
    Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Try adding just a splash of 100% fruit juice to plain water or smash a few berries in your water to give it some flavor.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I believe in crystal light, cause i believe in me...
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Water, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor, Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium (Sweeteners), Potassium Citrate, Red 40, Blue 1, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative).

Try adding just a splash of 100% fruit juice to plain water or smash a few berries in your water to give it some flavor.

This is a great idea. I like just a little flavor to my water-- I'm a big fan of lemon. I never thought to add other fruit :) Good call!
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I bought a container of Crystal Light at Sam's Club. After a few bottles, it started making both my fiancé and I sick. Haven't had it since.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I agree.

I like to put raspberry tea bags in my water bottle with a squirt of lemon juice. You can do any tea and I always do lemon juice since it is a natural diuretic and will help you keep water weight away.
    I drink a gallon or more per day, so I know it can get boring.
  • CrystalBall2012
    Options
    The only problem with adding anything to your water is that your tongue will tell your brain to process it as the flavor you are tasting and NOT as water. So your body will not know that it is getting it's daily water intake. You cannot trick the tastebuds.. The only way to allow your body to process water as water is to just drink plain water..