Feeling great, until...

Options
So, last night we were waiting in line for dinner at a local restaurant and the guy behind me was like "So, what's good here?" so I responded by saying, "Honestly, dude... Everything's good!", he then looked at me and said "Well, you would know, it doesn't look like you miss any meals." I laughed it off, but inside I was kinda bummed, because in my mind I'm seeing all the progress I've made (I've lost 14 lbs. since July 1), and well... it just sucked. I'm not gonna let that comment completely derail me from any future progress, but at the same time it's mad discouraging.

Replies

• nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What a Jerk... and I think sometimes people just need to walk around with shock collars so we can push the button... sorry about your feeling bummed, but according to your ticker you have done an awesome job... keep it up and you know deep down you have done an amazing job!
  • SweetPickle007
    Options
    People suck! Your doing great..Keep it up.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Throat Punch!
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    People judge before they even know the whole story. It's unfortunate, and very rude to even say something like that though. :\ Don't worry about it, your doing what's best for you, and he's doing what he thinks is best for him. He'll just have to wait till the day his metabolism slows and he gets fat. :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    in my mind I'm seeing all the progress I've made (I've lost 14 lbs. since July 1)

Seriously? That's crazy awesome. Don't let one comment ruin your progress. Just keep it up and soon, very soon this same guy will be asking you what you're doing to look so awesome.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Don't let someone else's insensitive comment derail you and what you're doing. Maybe he didn't realise what he said or how hurtful it was. Some people are just that socially unaware.

And at the very worst, remember the expression that says something to the extent of you can always lose weight, but that guy will always be a jerk. :D
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Awh *hugs* to you. That guy's just a moron, don't worry about him. You're doing such an awesome job and you should be very proud of all you've accomplished. Don't let it get you down - you know how much you rock!
  • MD1Girl
    MD1Girl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Obviously, that guy is lacking something in his personal life that made it necessary to try to bring you down, too. Keep doing what you're doing and don't let discouragement and negativity weigh you down. I love the shock collar idea! haha
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 8 pounds but I can tell. No one else seems to notice. I saw a thing the other day that made me feel so much better. I hope it helps you a little too.

It takes 4 weeks for you to see your body changing.
    It takes 8 weeks for friends and Family and
    It takes 12 weeks for the rest of the world!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I had twins several years ago and just as I got into working out again and losing some "baby weight" I was at the grocery store buying a nice load of healthy food and the woman in front of me asked when my baby was due (my babies were 6mos+ at the time). I was mortified and felt my confidence start to deflate right there. But I looked at her straight in the face and said I AM NOT PREGNANT! She wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

Don't let the dumb stuff people say get you down!
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Seriously? That's crazy awesome. Don't let one comment ruin your progress. Just keep it up and soon, very soon this same guy will be asking you what you're doing to look so awesome.

This is very encouraging!!:smile:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    People are so GD ignorant!!! To hell with his comment!!! There's a saying, not quite sure how relevant it will be as to help you but here goes,"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" E. Roosevelt

So basically, keep doing what you're doing and be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • Illusent
    Options
    Ignore... you are doing great... When I was 190lbs this guy after learning I got married said to me "I can see marriage is treating you well, 3 squares a day huh?". Fast (slow) forward 50 lbs to 140ish-- I mentioned that I loved a certain bbq chicken and stated I would be having seconds- and the cook says... "man it must be great to be able to eat anything you want without worry"-- and a couple of days later at the gym- a former intern of mine when I was heavy and he was buff/thin- looks to me now that he has put on a few and says-- you are my goal here.

Look forward to those comments.. they will come. Carry on!

AWESOME!!!
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bummer! Guys are so direct with each other, at least a woman would wait til you walk away to say something like that! Keep on truckin' you're doing great!
  • Illusent
    Options
    Awh *hugs* to you. That guy's just a moron, don't worry about him. You're doing such an awesome job and you should be very proud of all you've accomplished. Don't let it get you down - you know how much you rock!

Thank you so much! :happy:
  • Melissac721
    Melissac721 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Throat Punch!
    This! Seriously, what an *kitten*. Your loss is incredible and people that judge like that have no idea... NO IDEA how hard it is. So if nothing else, feel superior to the prick because you're doing it.
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    People don't think before they speak. Don't get discouraged. Just look at how far you've come and be proud of yourself!! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work!!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    He needs a muzzle, he asked you your opinion about the food you were both about to eat and found it necessary to make a comment about your weight? What an AZZ!
  • Juslilly
    Juslilly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I update my progress each week, I generally scroll through posts, and for some reason yours really stands out to me. I say to myself “ boy, this guy is determined to drop the weight! He is just killing it, week after week. He must have incredible will-power to stay the course”. You’ve inspired me to do the same. Honestly, you have every right to be proud of yourself. Please don’t allow that idiot and his thoughtless comment to steal your joy. You are doing a fantastic job!