Menopause - Need to change my ways

Hello, I've used MFP in the past just as a food tracker but not kept up with it and not got involved in the community. It's becoming so hard now that I'm older to keep the weight from creeping up.
I am somewhat in denial until I go shopping for clothes and somehow I look so much more different in the dressing room mirror than the one at home!

I eat healthy food and read labels so I stick mainly to natural ingredients, but obviously I eat too much. I am a night time snacker even if I'm not hungry. I have a struggle in my head and try not to give in but it doesn't usually work.

I have a sedentary job in front of a computer but I do enjoy walking and working in the yard. I'm 'crafty' and have lots of unfinished projects. I make plans in my head at work of what I'll do when I get home in the evening but most evenings don't follow through.

I have never really liked keeping track of everything but I know I need to and I'll get into the habit. I have enjoyed ready other people's posts and feel encouraged.
I feel better already.

Replies

• MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Glad you're here!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Constant battle trying to stay motivated to get out of normal sedentary routine and do something.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,174 Member
    I have been going through menopause....still having hot flashes, although they seem to be easing up a bit lately. I am not only older, I have diabetes and was told I am going to find it VERY hard to lose weight. Well, I seem to be beating the odds. But I had to hit bottom first....had to be SO disgusted with myself.....so miserable about my body.....that there nothing that was going to keep me from getting this weight off. If I can do it, so can you.....but it does take commitment and accepting the fact that you CANT eat the way you did and that your change has to be for life. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you wish. :)
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Welcome and thank you for "friending" me. We will all do this together.
    :drinker:
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Hello, I've used MFP in the past just as a food tracker but not kept up with it and not got involved in the community. It's becoming so hard now that I'm older to keep the weight from creeping up.
    I am somewhat in denial until I go shopping for clothes and somehow I look so much more different in the dressing room mirror than the one at home!

I eat healthy food and read labels so I stick mainly to natural ingredients, but obviously I eat too much. I am a night time snacker even if I'm not hungry. I have a struggle in my head and try not to give in but it doesn't usually work.

I have a sedentary job in front of a computer but I do enjoy walking and working in the yard. I'm 'crafty' and have lots of unfinished projects. I make plans in my head at work of what I'll do when I get home in the evening but most evenings don't follow through.

I have never really liked keeping track of everything but I know I need to and I'll get into the habit. I have enjoyed ready other people's posts and feel encouraged.
    I feel better already.

My menopause issues started at 38. I am 42 now. Hormone therapy just caused problems and I recently stopped taking them. Oddly enough I'm doing better. It is harder losing weight now and it makes me mad because I didn't need to lose weight before the hr. I eat healthy also. I guess my biggest problem areas are small areas. I'm addicted to coffee creamer and use way to much ketchup. I'm basically good on my food groups. My sugar level is high from all the fruit I eat.

Other women have come through all this and lost weight and kept it off so we can too. I am paying more attention to everything now. I am active with work and yard work at home. But now I do try to do more in the house when I'm here. One thing I am doing now is napping some days when I'm really tired, I stopped trying to push myself. If I don't get rested I'm cranky and eat more bad things and have way to much coffee. I don't need to make any big changes to my diet, just a bunch of small ones. For me it's all the small things that are adding up, I eat good proteins, tons of veggies and fruits. I guess a lot of small changes equal a few big ones.