Women - PMS and cramps

Options
I tried midol and it just isn't cutting it. I'm doing REALLY good on my food but my workouts are just lacking. I feel like I have no energy and my cramps are not helping. What do you take to get you through?

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I use heating pads and if that fails, I just take a break from working out on the days I feel like that. I have serious pain issues only about 3 days, so the rest of the week I can resume as I normally would.
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Water & Godfather Medicine. I call it the godfather medicine just bc it's amazing. It's Walmart brand and it has acetaminophen, caffeine, and aspirin. It's AMAZING! 2 pills of those and I am SET!

ETA: Equate Extra Strength Headache Relief
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    :devil: :laugh: http://www.qualityhealth.com/sexual-health-articles/sex-pms-good-match
    Ironically, while sex may be the last thing on your mind, it may help relieve PMS symptoms. Sexual activity stimulates the production of oxytocin and loads of feel-good endorphins that lower sensations to pain caused by premenstrual syndrome. Also, orgasms release the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA, which improves cognition and acts as an antidepressant.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    :devil: :laugh: http://www.qualityhealth.com/sexual-health-articles/sex-pms-good-match
    Ironically, while sex may be the last thing on your mind, it may help relieve PMS symptoms. Sexual activity stimulates the production of oxytocin and loads of feel-good endorphins that lower sensations to pain caused by premenstrual syndrome. Also, orgasms release the hormone dehydroepiandrosterone, or DHEA, which improves cognition and acts as an antidepressant.

To bad the only guy I want to have sex with is 1,300 away right now lol. And, it's not the last thing on my mind, I just told him :laugh: :sad:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    mefenamic acid and a TENS machine.

TENS machines are fantastic for cramping! i found it helped a lot.
    but my cramps felt like being in labour, so the doc gave me mefenamic acid and it's been fantastic for me.
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    Because of some health issues, I have to be really careful about pain meds. It sucks, but I try to "tough it out", especially since my cramps only last for about a day.

For a non-pill solution, try some light exercise. Seriously. I know it's the last thing you feel like doing, but for some reason it really works, at least for me. I usually just go for a brisk walk, and I try to focus on what's going on around me... the little dog in his yard, my neighbor's lovely daffodils, anything. Within a few minutes, I've completely forgotten about my cramps.

Every body is different, so what works for me may not work for you. But hey, it might be worth a shot!
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Because of some health issues, I have to be really careful about pain meds. It sucks, but I try to "tough it out", especially since my cramps only last for about a day.

For a non-pill solution, try some light exercise. Seriously. I know it's the last thing you feel like doing, but for some reason it really works, at least for me. I usually just go for a brisk walk, and I try to focus on what's going on around me... the little dog in his yard, my neighbor's lovely daffodils, anything. Within a few minutes, I've completely forgotten about my cramps.

Every body is different, so what works for me may not work for you. But hey, it might be worth a shot!

Totally agree with this. I don't have cramps so much anymore, but do have some severe migraines...lots of fun. I usually just try to push through and do something. Otherwise I feel worse and beat myself up. But really, nothing wrong with making that your "off day" for the week.