The Gym Idiot

Options
janehen12
janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
Anyone else ever have these days?

I've just got back into it after being away for a few weeks, and I could feel the hate from the gym snobs.

I had to leave to answer a work phonecall 2 mins in, so got looks for that. Phone was on silent, so didn't disturb anyone, other than getting in for 2 mins, and then leaving, then coming back 5 later.
I nearly fell off the cross trainer.
I hit the cross trainer accidently.
I dropped my phone, and no, the headphones weren't strong enough to stop it hitting the floor.

and to top it all off, tripped over my own feet.

kill me ><

Please tell me I'm not the only one to do things like this!

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    screw people that give you looks. if I get a phone call I answer it. I don't care what they think.

I’ve almost feel off the stairmaster on multiple occasions. I have also managed to have my phone fall of the treadmill, land on the belt, sling into the walk way &I just left it there and continued to run.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Oh,, you poor thing. You didn't get hurt did you? don't worry, worse things have happened. I've seen people crash and burn on the treadmill.
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Nope only the pride was hurt haha
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I once fell off a treadmill through no fault of my own- the speed just kept going up and up and up and my little legs couldn't keep up, and off I went!

I'd much rather share a gym with someone that slips up from time to time than those uber annoying people who come in, sit on the mats/ exercise bikes/ weight equipment and just talk to their friends. And weight hoggers. ARGH!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends got the treadmill going too fast: Crash and burn. For me, my main one is that I tend to try to take a drink and then wear it. I try to put on that, "I meant to do that!" face like I was just...you know...cooling myself off.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For me, my main one is that I tend to try to take a drink and then wear it. I try to put on that, "I meant to do that!" face like I was just...you know...cooling myself off.

Sometimes I feel like I need a bib or a sippy cup. After 29 years of drinking, you would think that I could manage getting the water into my mouth without an issue.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have started wrapping my headphones around the the treadmill to keep my iPhone from falling off. I cannot tell you how many times I have accidentally hit my headphone cord, ripped my headphones out of my ears, and sent my iPhone crashing to the treadmill and being catapulted off. Thank God for my otterbox.
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I do something stupid daily..one time I was on the elliptical and my IPod fell, hit the support rail, bounced and hit the guy next to me...he wasn't even cute so it was just embarassing...I forget what machine I'm on sometimes so I stand in the middle of the room and just slowly turn around until I remember..I bump into machines or into those support beams all the time cause I'm looking at my IPod...one time I smacked my head pretty good...

Oh and the one I'm famous for is, I'm trying to be slick and check out a cute guy by looking at an angle in the mirror- but I forget that they can do that too..so I get caught constantly and I feel like a stalker.. Oh..and I walked into the mens locker room once..didn't see anything but I walked into a guy who was coming in when I was walking back out and he stared at me weird for the rest of the workout..

But I laugh when I do stuff like that cause it's just a part of life..most of the time no one notices when you do something crazy..but if they do notice just make it look like you meant to do it and carry on...
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    oh girl, we have all had those days! and i can't help but laugh (Out Loud for real) when someone else has those days!

I posted awhile back about my embarassing gym moments. I can't relive them here --- but perfectly normal, perfectly normal....yep, you are good to go! :D
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Forget gym idiot ( Although one time I decided to ride off the treadmill and my feet tangles themselves around the end and each other, causing me to fall and bruise my bottom. Luckily I was at home alone and could just hobble away and kind of laugh it off). Today I managed to miss the desk I was putting my coffee/tea mug on watch it fall and shatter and get my hand impaled by shard. I also went to throw away with one hand the wrapper from the caramel I brought with me for snack and instead threw away the caramel with the other day. I think the world is telling me I should be done with work today, but alas.