Finally lost the extra belly fat :P

Options
xdieselx
xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
Just wanted to share my success story as i have been pretty proud of my results and efforts.

Started the year at 212 lbs, for a 5'9 male, that's a little overweight :P I had been trying to lose the extra belly fat for years but i wasnt motivated enough and i kept eating like crap so i never had any results (when i did get results i would regain the weight, sometimes worse than i was before!)

After seeing a relative being affected by diabetes pretty bad, i knew i was at risk due to my sedentary lifestyle and especially my nutrition which was mostly composed of sugar (bad sugars) so on January 1st i decided i would finally make a change. I cut the sugar and bread (i was eating way too much of both) but i still didnt feel motivated enough to start exercising. I still lost around 8 lbs from January to March.
On March 5th, i decided it was time to start exercising now so i tried to start the Insanity dvd workout and i was so out of shape that i didnt even last the fit test and i noticed it was way too hard for me to start on this so i started doing swimming, climbing stairs (i live in a 15 floor building so i had plenty) and i was doing KenpoX from P90X because it wasnt too hard and it was motivating. I did that 6 days a week (between 40 min and an hour each day) to prepare myself for Insanity.

2 months later, i felt in better shape and lost some weight and i was still eating healthy so i was ready for INSANITY! Insane it was! I digged deeper thanks to Shaun T's motivating me while working out and i just completed it a couple of weeks ago and i lost a total of 12.5 lbs. Yeah its not that much for 2 months of insanity but i lost 2 pants size and the belly fat was reduced a lot compared to before! I wasnt eating enough calories (i was always about 500 calories under the calorie intake i should have eaten to LOSE weight so i lacked energy at the end of month 2) which is why i didnt get extreme results but i am still very happy with what i did. It still made a big difference as everybody at work and in my family that saw me after my changes kept telling me i changed A LOT so that was encouraging!

I went from 212 lbs to 178 lbs so i lost 34 lbs in about 6 months without going extreme! I have never been this light for the last 15 years! The thing i am happy about was that a couple of years ago i trained 4 days a week at the gym, was on a very strict protein only diet and was eating supplements and i had lost 20 lbs in 3 months but regained around 35 lbs after that when i stopped the diet as i was craving for sugar and all the stuff i wasnt eating for a long time! I was able to accomplish more by eating healthyt without restricting myself too much and by exercising, and didnt need to buy those expensive supplements.

I am not done yet, i still have extra belly fat to lose (around 10 lbs) so next week i will be starting Rushfit dvd workout from Georges St-Pierre (UFC). I could have done insanity again but i feel like going through another challenge :P

Here is my before picture:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4647/beforemod.jpg

Here is my after picture:
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8169/aftermod.jpg

Replies

• twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

beforemod.jpg

aftermod.jpg
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much twoisplenty :) I tried editing my post to get the pictures to appear and they wouldnt hehe!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!