Male - 6'4", 34, 50lbs lost, progress & pix

Options
grkfire
grkfire Posts: 152 Member
First, a little back story:

I am the type that avoids going to doctors at all costs. I just don’t like getting loaded up with antibiotics for something that I know will run its’ course. Unless I’m dying, I wont go to see a doc…you get the point. But since 2010, everywhere I looked, my extended families have suffered health issues of their own ranging from diabetes to cancer & everything in between. The common theme I kept listening to for prevention to all of this was, “watch your diet”.

I started having problems of my own soon after. I would have frequent headaches, feel fatigued, aches & pains on my joints & body…I figured, eh, it sucks getting old, or just blamed it on the day to day stresses of life, work, bills, etc….Until one morning I could not get up or operate at all. I was so dizzy with head rush (vision darkening) type symptoms that freaked me out to see a doc.

Last November, I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder that left me packing on the lbs over the years & getting dangerously close to 300lbs!! I had never been that heavy in my life. After a dire warning from my doc to get my act together (God bless her for this!) and the fact that I have a little one that looks up to me, I decided to get my health & outlook on life back together. My results have been nothing short of amazing!

I know that a lot of us try & do have healthy lifestyles and for that, I applaud you all, keep it up!!! But others out there try or just do the bare minimum (I WAS in that group)

Unfortunately it took health issues of my own instead of listening to better judgment, to take control & MAKE time for my health. I’m only 2 months into my lifestyle change and I’ve decided to share this with you all with the hopes of inspiring some out there. IT IS POSSIBLE to achieve health & weight loss!

616470_10151060238522948_99474465_o.jpg

And here is where I'm currently at during a workout just this week!

330832_10151061505043480_2020004671_o.jpg

Replies

• najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    good job! that's such a big loss
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    42 lbs in a month?!

wow
    680711 Posts: 1
    Options
    :love:

Keep it up man

Iam also behind you

Aziz
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    You are looking awesome! Great job.
  • xdieselx
    xdieselx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Damn awesome job! Keep it up!
  • grkfire
    grkfire Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty amazed myself! I attribute it to being alot of water weight, but then again my diet was a horrible one!! Even my doctor has been blown away at my results. I'm just thankful that I've been able to get my thyroid & diet under control as it is so hard to balance that with a healthy lifestyle. :)
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have to say I'm particularly loving that last photo at the gym :blushing: You look great!!!!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and your healthy lifestyle! You look absolutely great!
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. You must have really made a lifestyle change. Amazing loss, keep at it!
  • thistime38
    thistime38 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am still pretty amazed myself! I attribute it to being alot of water weight, but then again my diet was a horrible one!! Even my doctor has been blown away at my results. I'm just thankful that I've been able to get my thyroid & diet under control as it is so hard to balance that with a healthy lifestyle. :)

are you still having the vision darkening? Ive been having this and have been told my thyroid levels were up but not to worry about it that they will check it in 6 months. I also have been extremely dizzy at times. Your results are amazing btw keep up the good work you should be very proud!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking amazing! I am almost down 50 pounds and am thinking about taking an after photo to see if I can tell the difference!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I need to start going to your gym... Look at all the eye candy!!

PS... You are included in that statement!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    great work!!!
  • lottapud1
    lottapud1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! I just started so this is very inspirational to someone like me! Thanks for sharing!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Way to go, healthy & wise you are!
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options
    Great job! Looking good :-))
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Great story and results! Way to go!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    :noway: Wow, you look amazing! ( and so much younger, too) :happy:
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    I too, have a thyroid disorder that has caused me the same issues. You look fantastic! Keep up the great work! :))
  • doug4018
    doug4018 Posts: 130
    Options
    way to go, you're doing great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!