Olympic shambles

Options
RAFValentina
RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
Here's some chit chat/rant space...

FML... G4S waste of space... I'm on less than 48 hours notice to move...don't even get a definite yes or no til less than 24 hours before I go...if I go. I don't have half the kit as its not standard issue to all... hoping stores have it in at the last minute if I am going...

G4S been clamping military vehicles in London, Charging £400 for their release.

An extra 1200 personnel being deployed to London due to G4S breaching the contract. We just don't have those spares. We were already on a leave ban because of tight manning and going 24 hours. Our guys are super committed, working their butts off... People are going to be even more stretched, their summers and well earned respite taken away and just going to disappear, you can't recompense that financially.

I've heard through the grapevine of colleagues sleeping on cardboard boxes down in warehouses... probably because they were told not to bring a lot and London is not exactly meant to be an austere environment, you'd expect them to at least provide a bloody roll mat.

People turning down a job with G4S because it "only" paid £20k pa should take a long hard look at themselves and the disgrace they are.

I'm going to be missing out on my Charity Thunder Run for the Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance if I have to go and leaving my team mates in the lurch. I'm also going to have to place an unexpected and short notice burden on my parents to look after my pets (they're willing and they always said they'd look after them at short notice before I got them, but that's beside the point). It also means I have to drive to my parents in this short space of time to take them there and get back. Also, when my boyfriend gets back from deployment in sandy places, I'll now be away, and he only has 5 weeks back before he redeploys... of which the first 3 weeks are leave so we'll only have one. I'll also miss out on my Junior Officer Development course, be set back by a MINIMUM of 6 weeks on my controllers endorsements training and my colleagues back here will be under extra pressure.

OK, I signed up for deployments and short notice taskings but not to cover the backs of lazy, greedy b**tards who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and are screwing us over whilst we try and bail them out of their catastrophic mess.

Good job I know our guys and gals will crack on and smile as they do the job in the face of adversity which is the only thing I can see as a positive right now.

Thanks G4S. Tossers.

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Please explain G4S and FML.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Yeah saw it on BBC last night and have been watching events unfold over the last little while with the G4S catastrophe. The one thing you can say about them is they were bloody smart as to when they released their 'little' problem leaving no option but to co-opt the military. At the very very least G4S should be responsible for housing, feeding and paying extra salaries to all who are involved, their screw up, they pay up. I'm so sorry so many of you have had holidays cancelled, events cancelled and now to hear that some of you don't even have accommodation is absolutely appalling.

Obviously nothing I can do to help, but wanted to let you know I too think it's bloody shoddy and I hope it somehow gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.

Oh and Cobracars - G4S is the privately contracted security company that is currently screwing up the Olympics in London and FML to my understanding is F ***** my life
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks mailaig... I've calmed down a bit now after a slice of Vienetta ice cream and soothing words from the old parents! Doesn't change the situation but I'm going to pack a thermarest and inflatable mattress...that way i get a bed and may be able to help out a buddy when i get down there.

G4S is a shoddy security company in the UK that won the Olympic London 2012 contract because they were the cheapest.

FML Stands for F**k my life as in... what a crappy day!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will cheer you up. The Olympic Committee ordered 100,000 condoms to be made available to the athletes for the games.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That effing suck donkey balls. I heard about that fiasco on the news and from my family in England. Hugs girl.

edited to clarify that the response was to the OP, not the above post about the 100,000 condoms.