Most upsurd thing I have EVER heard

Options
Ok...so .....I just had a friend tell me (that is trying to do one of these multi-level marketing weight loss plans that shall remain nameless) that you do not even have to excercise as long as you replace two meals a day with this product.

UMMMMM....there are more reasons to excercise than to lose weight. Such as if you don't excercise you are losing muscle and fat and you need to be able to combat that.....it helps to raise your good cholesterol to help your body clean your arteries........help me name the ways......

Replies

• candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ....and I chose to let this product remain nameless because when done correctly it is a great key in helping people.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Did she say that exercise has no health benefits, or just that you can lose weight without it? Because it sounds like you're arguing with something she didn't say.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Weight loss can happen without exercise. However, you will need to fine tune your nutrition, and you'll have VERY slow results.

I do not see how any one product can do this.
  • candice382
    Options
    She said...she doesn't excercise..she doesn't need to.
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ** ABSURD.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I've heard the same shmuck from one of my friends. I wasn't buying it. As soon as you quit taking the product and start eating again, you are going to gain it all back! At the same time... most people are sold on it because they are looking for the easy way out!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    The idea behind said product is probably you are eating 2 unhealthy meals, and replacing it with what they offer is a healthier alternative thus lower calories and lose of weight
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    She said...she doesn't excercise..she doesn't need to.
    Right, but she was saying this in the context of weight loss.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Your spelling of absurd is upsurd.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Did she say that exercise has no health benefits, or just that you can lose weight without it? Because it sounds like you're arguing with something she didn't say.
    ^ this.
  • candice382
    Options
    Ok time to clock back into work. Don't let this become drama time :) but do help me come up with reasons why excercise can not be let go. I do want to make sure she knows so as to not lead people down the wrong path. Again..this can be a great key but before "marketing" I think she needs more education.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    She might not need to exercise to lose weight... she might be on her feet so much that it's enough to stay reasonably healthy and fit. If she's just trying to lose weight, you can do so by just controlling how much goes in vs output. OK, to look good and for definition, some extra physical activity is probably necessary, but not solely to lose weight.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    UMMMMM....there are more reasons to excercise than to lose weight. Such as if you don't excercise you are losing muscle and fat and you need to be able to combat that.....it helps to raise your good cholesterol to help your body clean your arteries........help me name the ways......

You don't just automatically lose muscle because you don't exercise. You lose muscle from having too low of a deficit. Your friend is both correct and stupid all at the same time.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and fat loss are not the same thing, but it sound like you understand that. One could also "lose weight" by amputating a limb, or going to the bathroom. Neither of those would result in a positive change in body composition.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I get where you are coming from. You can do it without it and we don't all need to become gym addicts, but since you have a fitter body and if you are capable then get out there and use it.

Dropping weight isn't everything.

Exercise helps

- improve your mood
    - tighten your *kitten* :P
    - strengthen your muscles
  • candice382
    Options
    Your spelling of absurd is upsurd.

oops sorry
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    ** ABSURD.

Thank you!
  • candice382
    Options
    I get where you are coming from. You can do it without it and we don't all need to become gym addicts, but since you have a fitter body and if you are capable then get out there and use it.

Dropping weight isn't everything.

Exercise helps

- improve your mood
    - tighten your *kitten* :P
    - strengthen your muscles

adding to my list
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    ** ABSURD.

^^^^ Glad it isnt just me!! :)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Ok time to clock back into work. Don't let this become drama time :) but do help me come up with reasons why excercise can not be let go. I do want to make sure she knows so as to not lead people down the wrong path. Again..this can be a great key but before "marketing" I think she needs more education.

Exercise improves circulation, controls blood sugar, strengthens the respiratory and immune systems and increases ability to perform daily tasks.