Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and it says I burn 255 during level 1. I start it at the beginning of the video, because like Jillian says, my HR begins elevating with the arm circles. And I stop it at the end of stretching. So I suppose if I only had it going for 20 mins instead of 28 it would be closer to 200 cals.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM with chest strap when I was doing the 30 day shred and I burned 300-345 calories per workout.... Depending if I was phoning it in or not!! I did the shred everyday in January! I lost 10.6 lbs and over 15 inchs off my body!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • darlin8
    Options
    I have seen this calculation posted before. You can use it to figure your burn and create your own exercise (My Exercises) for it.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website

However, I just use 20 mins of circuit training - general since it's real close.

Thank you for this!!! I was wondering what the calc was, it is about 20 calories off from the General Circuit Training. :)
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you can find your average heart rate during a Jillian workout you can use this website to find out calories burned. I use my average given to me by my hrm and plug the numbers in. It will give me the exact calories burned during a workout!

http://www.calories-calculator.net/Calories_Burned_By_Heart_Rate.html
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and log it as circuit training.
  • Winks0118
    Options
    I used my HRM with chest strap when I was doing the 30 day shred and I burned 300-345 calories per workout.... Depending if I was phoning it in or not!! I did the shred everyday in January! I lost 10.6 lbs and over 15 inchs off my body!!!! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody else is posting low calorie burns, so I'm glad to hear this!

Using my Sportline HRM, it says that I burned 345 calories for Level 1 and 355 calories for Level 2. That's with me being 33 years old, 210 pounds and 5'9".
  • bonekicker
    bonekicker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories you burn is proportional to your weight, i.e. heavier people will burn more calories. When I first tried level 1 of 30 day shred my HRM showed I burned 220 cals. I weighed around 155 lbs back then. Later on when I did Level 1 again, I burned around 180 calories. I guess as I got more fit, the workout got easier and I burned less calories doing it. :wink:
  • madhattedmadness
    madhattedmadness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor :)
  • ScrapLovely
    Options
    I just started the Julian Michaels 20 minute workout level one and it kicked my b*** but I'm proud of myself I got through the first 20 minutes does anybody know how I logged in on my fitness pal app?
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Surely you just buy a HRM, create a new exercise called '30 Day Shred Level 1' and record how many calories you burn at the end of the workout according to the monitor?

Why the need to over complicate things?
  • ScrapLovely
    Options
    I just started the Julian Michaels 20 minute workout level one and it kicked my b*** but I'm proud of myself I got through the first 20 minutes does anybody know how I logged in on my fitness pal app?
  • ScrapLovely
    Options
    Thank you so much. I guess i need to get a HRM.
  • cbrauer721
    Options
    I just used the calculation 3.267 calories per pound per hour and it came much closer to logging as aerobics,high impact than circuit training, general. It came in a few calories less than the calculation but I prefer that to logging in more than I might have burned.
  • cestabbey
    cestabbey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. :)
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have seen this calculation posted before. You can use it to figure your burn and create your own exercise (My Exercises) for it.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website

However, I just use 20 mins of circuit training - general since it's real close.
    ^Thanks I have been looking for this for a long time!
  • lionellesanders
    lionellesanders Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that there are 27 mins on the video, so warm up and clam down doesn't count as calorie burn?
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that there are 27 mins on the video, so warm up and clam down doesn't count as calorie burn?
    oh yeah I thought I logged it as 30 mins last time I got it a try oh well
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Here is a good site for calculating execise calories burned. A lot of the programs you wont find on MFP are on here.

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned

Meg
  • sbguitargirl
    sbguitargirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bwdcjk,
    Which level is the 3.267 for? Where on her website were you able to find that?
  • reehall
    reehall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 shred today, I've been exercising for a year now, mainly cardio and my muscles are aching lol can't wait for tomorrow to do it all again :0)