Newly revealed, but not new...

Options
Hi All,

I've been off an on MFP for years. I was a rower, a runner, a swimmer and love to lift weights. Crossfit was my latest passion.

I had been suffering from what I thought was post marathon weight gain. I competed in my first marathon last October, and fell off the fitness wagon thereafter. Even through marathon training, my weight (and my training partners' weights) went up. After that fall, even when I tried my usual tricks, weight packed on instead of leaving. I gained 30lbs.

I've been an avid researcher and reader of fitness paraphernalia and have settled on EM2WL. Ive been eating fairly low calorie (1350), and in looking back in my records, realized, I've NEVER eaten that low. Duh. This is why I'm fat. LOL

So starting today, I'm back up to 2000 calories. For 5'7", 193lbs, thats much more my speed. When I'm at my fittest (in a sustainable way) I'm at 150. Any lower is very hard to manage, but then again, I've only managed it by doing more and eating less.

My hope is to lose weight in a sustainable way, eating primarily vegetarian (5 days a week) and eating whole foods. I will be working out 5 days a week, mostly weight lifting, running, erging and swimming.

Just wanted to get my intro out there and be supported more openly in a community in which I've found to be a resource, even if it was incognito. :)

-Jess