Any roasted veggies recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Red peppers, courgettes, aubergine, mushrooms, onions, cut into chunks. Place in roasting tin. Sprinkle with chilli powder and smoked paprika. Drizzle with olive oil. Put into pre-warmed oven at 180 degrees C for about 20 mins - enjoy! :happy:

That sounds YUMazing!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    here's one I just found- thought i'd share

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings
    Ingredients
    1 small butternut squash, cubed 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed 1 red onion, quartered 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary 1/4 cup olive oil 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
    In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
    Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 123 | Total Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 0mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
    Nutritional Information
    Roasted Vegetables
    Servings Per Recipe: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 123

Total Fat: 4.7g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 45mg
    Total Carbs: 20g
    Dietary Fiber: 3.1g
    Protein: 2g

and another

Original Recipe Yield 24 servings
    Ingredients
    8 zucchini, peeled and chopped 1 eggplant, peeled and diced 8 carrots, diced 16 cherry tomatoes 2 red onions, sliced 1 red bell pepper, sliced 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced 1/2 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon dried rosemary 1 teaspoon dried thyme 2 bay leaves, crushed 1 teaspoon dried oregano 2 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest salt and pepper to taste
    Directions
    In a large bowl mix the zucchini, eggplant, carrots, tomatoes, onions and peppers with the oil, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    On a large roasting pan, roast the vegetables, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes have split and the edges of some of the vegetables are starting to crisp. Remove from the oven and stir before returning to the oven for another 20 minutes. At this time reduce heat to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, turning every 20 minutes.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 72 | Total Fat: 4.7g | Cholesterol: 0mg
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Cut up some carrots, red peppers and onion. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea/kosher salt and a little garlic salt. I have a basket for the grill that works really well but when I need to I can do it on a cookie sheet by using the broil option on the oven.
    Last time I broiled I don't know if I did it too long, or just cut the veggies too thin ...but a lot of them practically disappeared. :( I have always cooked really good (maybe not healthy- but good) so that was a major kick to the ego. LOL

Mine will do the same thing, I did a basket full of carrots on the grill. Going on they covered the whole bottom of the basket, by the time they were done they maybe took up a third of it. Nothing to worry about there although it makes it a little hard to gauge if you're making some for guests.
  • jenkins22
    jenkins22 Posts: 14
    Options
    Trying this tonight:

brussel sprouts
    drizzle of EVOO
    minced garlic
    crushed red pepper
    squeeze of lemon
    black pepper

Toss ingredients together, spread out on non stick baking sheet in 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. I've never had a brussel sprout in my life, but decided now was a good time to try them!