Need some support

Options
This is some non dieting support.

I go to divorce mediation this week, and I feel sick at the thought of seeing my ex. He is a bully, control freak and manipulative and cheated on me throught our marriage.

I am on anti anxiety mediacation right now.

The weekend was not good and I put on 3lbs, but I am not going to stress over that...I know I can get back on track soon.

Anyway I haven't posted much recently, but I am still here and I WILL get to my goal later this year...another 23lbs to go...

Thank you for listening. :smile:

Replies

• RunningRatty
    Options

I go to divorce mediation this week, and I feel sick at the thought of seeing my ex. He is a bully, control freak and manipulative and cheated on me throught our marriage.

The weekend was not good and I put on 3lbs, but I am not going to stress over that...I know I can get back on track soon.

Anyway I haven't posted much recently, but I am still here and I WILL get to my goal later this year...another 23lbs to go...

• doglvr_75
    Options
    Been there, done that...you'll be fine....try to relax before you go by listening to music, meditation or whatever makes YOU feel good...I know it's tough, but you can get through it....:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Good luck :flowerforyou:

Hope you'll be done with it all soon.
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Thank you...and to all my friends I owe replies to messages...I will catch up by the end of the week.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going through! I didn't marry the @ss but we were living together for almost 2 years. We have been sperated for 2 years and I am still having to deal with his crap, but I just keep thinking it is almost over. He can't control me now and my gaining weight or getting upset he is still controling me. I try to relax, listen to music and think about what a great future I have ahead of me and how I have won and he will be unhappy for the reast of his life. I know it is hard and we have good and bad days but just think positive and set something for you to look forward to like a vacation!

Hope it helps! Yor not alone.

Have a great day!
    Heatther
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I wish there was a magic bullet that could help :smile: I will be thinking about you this week and I hope this meeting goes well. No matter how stressed you are - do something that relaxes you and takes your mind away from the anxiety a while - bubble bath, a good book (sometimes a hokey romance novel is just enough to turn your brain off - or a good mystery that will make you think about something other than reality for awhile) Take a walk with some good music that you like playing in your ears. Be easy on yourself - you have enough going on right now! Please let us know how it goes!
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Thank you...I intend to run tonight, and try to eat well, but not go crazy cutting back calories...

All your support means a lot to me.

Jane
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    He can't hurt you anymore! Be strong and in control. A bully loves nothing more than hitting your button that sets you off. If you know what he is going to say/do to hurt you just be prepared for it and that way it won't hurt so much. I think there are many of us that have been or are in the same type of situation you are in now.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Be strong, you can do this because you can do anything!!! Hope all goes well!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options

some people think the opposite of love is hate. but I don't think that's true. its indifference. Some day, believe it or not, you will be completely indifferent to this guy. you won't wish him harm, or wish him well, in fact there will be days you don't even think of him. and if you do, it will be with the same emotion you read about a stranger in the paper. you just won't care. and then, you have won. This person is nothing, he is a non issue in your life, or is soon to be. just focus on what is going to be. you still have to deal with him right now, but if you surround yourself with the protective bubble of indifference, and see him for what he is...(you can fill in the blanks here) then he is harmless. You have moved on, and now all is left if the unpleasant residue. :laugh: kind of like scrapping gum off the bottom of your shoe!!:happy: good luck
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I didn't think I could do it but I got on the treadmill tonight and ran 5K.

Now I feel I can face anything!

Jane