I am new here.

Options
Hi,
My name is Danita. I am new to My Fitness Pal and hope to do really well here. I have been on plan somewhere else and lost 17 pounds but in the last two weeks I gained 11 of it back. For some reason I can't stay motivated so here I am on to trying something else. I have got to do this, I just have to. Thanks in advance for any help.

281763.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    welcome!! If you'd like to make some great friends and have constant motivation and support I'm part of a great group of people.. our group is called Visualize This and everyone is terrific. If you go to the motivation and support tab and look for us our first way in is tomorrow! Good luck!
  • Invisible2you
    Options
    Thanks, I will go there in a little bit.

281763.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love your handle - I've often thought women our age would make great spies.:flowerforyou:

If you've gained 11 lbs in 2 weeks it's likely water weight. With a lot of the diets out there that's what happens: you lose a lot of weight but it's mostly water, and you gain it back as soon as you're off the diet. MFP is a life style change. The weight may come off more slowly but with changing eating and exercise habits there is a better chance it will stay off.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome, Danita,
    MFP is a great place to be. This site has changed my life. I hope you will find what you need here.

Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I find that it helps to log my food ahead of time so there are no surprises :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There's a great thread on the "Motivation and Support" board called 50+Women. Check it out :bigsmile:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! In the past I had tried every 'diet' imaginable - always would loose for a month or so,, but then could never keep it off. This place is about a total change - and they are changes that you can make and stick to for the rest of your life!!

I now you can do this! I know you can be successful this time!

Enjoy the tools here and the forums - check them out for support, motivation, and good common sense advice!

Glad you're here!