Best sources of protein

Options
Please help! I have been trying to eat really clean for the past month or so (lean meat, low fat dairy, fruits, veggies) and have opted for organic, if possible. I strength train and do cardio (30 - 45 mins) 4 to 5 days per week. However, i haven't lost a pound in months. In addition to increasing my calorie intake, i think i need to increase my protein as well. My desired protein intake is calculated to be approx 150 g per day. What are some really good (efficient) sources of protein? I feel like i'm turning into a chicken with all the eggs and chicken breasts i eat, and still don't get anywhere near the 150 g mark. Thanks!!

Replies

• zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish (wish i did...it's a great source of protein) so my main protein sources are: chicken (LOTS of chicken!), eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder w/ milk, beef, venison (deer), occasionally pork (higher in fat so i try not eating to much of it).

I eat chicken almost everyday. I always cook it different so that it doesn't get boring. There are a ton of different ways to make chicken and eggs so those are my most common protein sources.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Just about any kind of bean has good amounts of protein. I am vegan, and most of my protein comes from beans, almond milk, and tofu.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Fish

Larger portions of chicken

Beef

Protein powder

Greek yogurt