Non-Chicken Recipies

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
I am in dire need of some recipies - regular and easy crock pot ones that do not include chicken. Beef and pork are ok. My husband cannot eat chicken more than once a week. Or a recommendation for a good cookbook or website to get some good recipies from. I would like lower carb and healthy recipies. I've gotten to the point where I am making two dinners one for him and one lighter version for me and its getting very tiring!

Replies

• escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I recently did a corned beef & cabbage in the crock pot! Cook corned beef with water on high 3-4 hours or until tender. Tkae out and then cook cabbage in there. Once cabbage is tender throw all together!

Also, you can get a pork picnic trim fat, cook down in the crockpot (low/slow) and then shred into BBQ! Really is delish!

Also, you can do cream of mushroom/pork chops/rice. I personally have never tried in a crockpot, I always do in the oven, but I hear it is super easy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Lamb kebabs
    Baked fish with salad
    Chilli
    lasagne
    Pork stroganoff served over asparagus spears (we had this last night to use up leftover roast pork)
    Good quality burgers
    Venison steaks with cauliflower cheese
    prawn stir-fry
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Good ideas -- but he won't eat fish or any seafood either. He is a pasta and/or meat and potato guy. I've been making him his dinner and then I will eat a salad with fish or chicken, but its getting harder to think of things to make him for dinner every night when I'm not eating it to.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at skinnytaste.com yet? They have some good sounding recipes, I haven't tried any yet though.