Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MFP is great, but here's some ideas to make it better.

Cameron_1969
Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,855 Member
1. Mail system should keep and allow you to see entire email conversations. . like every other email system on earth.

2. Forum threads could show who wrote a quoted message. . and have a link so you can jump back to that spot in the thread.

3. The newsfeed shows you when a friend posts to a forum. cool. .but the link should take you to their post in the thread. not to the beginning of the thread.

4. Some notification that your forum post was quoted in another post would be cool.

This topic is not intended as a forum for bashing MFP. .I love MFP. .but maybe someone will read these ideas and work on some of these things to make it EVEN BETTER!

Replies

• _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,385 Member
    A "like" button for those of us too lazy or busy to comment everyone.

I mean... I need to work out and prepare healthy meals AND encourage my friends. ;)
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    A "like" button for those of us too lazy or busy to comment everyone.

I mean... I need to work out and prepare healthy meals AND encourage my friends. ;)

Yep! Agreed!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Also..Is it just me, or can you read what has been posted on threads of you phone? If not, it would be nice to be able to read what other people have posted. It might stop 50 people from saying the same thing.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    A "Chit-chat, fun and games" forum for the "sensitives" on the site. And for them to fix the punctuation on the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" forum.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    After you comment on someones post, it'd be good to know when others have commented too. Notifcations like that would be great!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    A "Chit-chat, fun and games" forum for the "sensitives" on the site. And for them to fix the punctuation on the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" forum.

I'm kind of falling in love with you.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I definitely like the PMs working just like emails idea, as well as being able to see who wrote what in quotes.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    i would like to see a "Live, nude girls" web cam room......
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    I hate how when your on mfp online it shows your status updates and comments as walls of text. It shows the formating on your cell phone why not on the PC?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Not only is the punctuation correct (search Oxford or serial comma), but it has a different meaning because "fun and games" is an idiom with its own meaning. So if MFP creators wanted to define this forum section as being both "fun" and having the characteristics or qualities of a game, then a comma would be not only correct, but required.

Also, MFP could be greatly improved with more meaty flavor.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

Free steak!!!!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Not only is the punctuation correct (search Oxford or serial comma), but it has a different meaning because "fun and games" is an idiom with its own meaning. So if MFP creators wanted to define this forum section as being both "fun" and having the characteristics or qualities of a game, then a comma would be not only correct, but required.

I heart you. ...And free steak!
  • A "Chit-chat, fun and games" forum for the "sensitives" on the site. And for them to fix the punctuation on the "Chit-chat, fun, and games" forum.

Omg, I'm SO glad I ain't the only one who noticed the punctuation mistake there. It bugs me everyday I see it! lol
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Use ***********'s to censor the word "toning".
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45

Correct.

Think of it this way:

Larry, Ted, and Sally are the three surviving children of John. John dies and leaves a will, intending for his money to be evenly split between all three of his children. However, because the will stated, “All of my money shall be evenly distributed between Larry, Ted and Sally,” 50% was given to Larry and 50% was split between Ted and Sally. Had the will read “All of my money shall be evenly distributed between Larry, Ted, and Sally,” then all three children would have received 33.3333333…..% each of John’s money.

OR

A woman writes a letter intended for her parents, her friend Mary, and her cousin Sam. But because the letter reads, “To my parents, Mary and Sam,” the reader believes the woman’s parents ARE Mary and Sam. If the letter read “To my parents, Mary, and Sam,” there would be no confusion.

I’m a proofreader so I have this discussion almost daily with my wonderful colleagues who seem to make the same punctuation mistakes over and over. :)
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member

The AP Stylebook is my Bible. No Oxford commas allowed!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member

jfk.jpg
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member

jfk.jpg

Exactly. Why would you want JFK and Stalin when you could have STRIPPER JFK and STRIPPER Stalin?

Also, contextually, I was already pretty certain that the strippers weren't named JFK and Stalin. :)