Upping Calories Question

Options
How can I up my cals without upping my sugar and carbs? I am really trying to keep my carbs low, and am almost always going over my "24" sugars because of fruits and the honey I add to my greek yogurt.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am almost always over my sugar limits, even though i do not eat processed food or anything with added sugar. It is because I eat a lot of fruit. But because it comes from fruit I don't worry about it. I also had to up my calorie level a little because I was eating too few calories. SInce I did, my weight has been dropping faster. And I added a lot of fruit to boost my calories.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks Deb. I love fruit, but a afraid to eat too much because of the sugar, but it's great for the cals. I am not eating enough cals...which is so depressing because obviously before, I was eating TOO many! Otherwise, I wouldn't be here! LOL!
  • QueenGorgo
    QueenGorgo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am DYING over this very issue....my nutritonist told me just yesterday I need to be eating a lot more, about 500 calories a day more and I looked at her like she had a hoof exploding out of her forehead. Because just last week my regular MD told me that the amount I was eating a day was perfect!! So of course I know my nurtritionist is right but my goodness it's gonna be hard...I've become an expert in finding low calorie foods to eat and it's really hard to eat foods that have more calories per serving which results in me having to eat every couple of hours which is a lot harder than it seems..Greek yogurt is really filling and for the first time when I look at the clock and see it's time to eat I just sigh and walk to the kitchen like dead man walking..I'm eating almonds, fruit, yogurt...and the people i know that are having to calorie cut have no sympathy for me al all :smile:

So I'm just hoping the weight loss continues...not quitting or discouraged..just terrified :ohwell: