I broke through!

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
I've been losing a whopping pound or 2 each month since June (including vacations, family reunions, work stress, etc.) which was really annoying.
I've even been very careful to log everything & exercise more than I ever thought I could.
Nothing seemed to speed me up.
:grumble:
So
:bigsmile:
I made up my mind last weekend to work out 5 or 6 days a week, 30 minutes minimum,
burn at least 300 calories each time,
& leave myself a 300-500 calorie cushion at the end of each day in case I'm underestimating something on my food diary.
After all, there's a breakdown somewhere, so it has to be ratted out.
ta da!!!!!!!!!
2 pounds this week!!!!!
wahooo!!!!!!
I finally broke through! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
wahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your breakthrough. It gives me hope, as I have stalled in the past 3 or 4 weeks,:grumble: so now I have some additional ideas to try and create my own breakthrough.

I want to be down 50 lbs in another 4 weeks, so I need all the "hope" I can get.:flowerforyou:
  • Angelface28
    Angelface28 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Your really hard on yourself! Congrats on the 2 pounds. I wish I had your kind of willpower!
    Be super careful about your "calorie cushion", You could be eating two few calories and putting your body in starvation mode. It may help you lose weight in the short run but can end up lowering your basal metabolic rate, which would be awful! And 300 to 500 calories is a lot to underestimate.

As for going to the gym 5 or 6 days a wk. I'm impressed! I wish I had the time or force of will to do so. That's awesome!

Be careful how hard you push yourself, it's already too easy to feel burnt out and stop trying altogether. :)
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    That's great work! Great self control, and willpower and determination!!! Gratz!
  • Georg
    Options
    Thanks. I really appreciate the support here.
    :heart:
    Since my gym closed I don't go workout, I go for a 2 mile minimum walk (4 mph) or ride a stationery bike at home. I Have the 30 Day Shred video, but it killed my knees. I'm going to try to work it in twice a week though.
    I don't mind walking or biking at all.
    When we got the bike last February I couldn't go for more than 5 minutes without collapsing but now I can do 45-60 minutes pretty easily on a higher level. :bigsmile:
    So I'm feeling really good, just not losing as fast as I want. :wink:
    I'm being as careful as I can with my food diary, but something's just not working, so maybe this new plan is the answer!
  • Georg
    Options
    Alrighty!
    Another pound gone!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Maybe I really have found the key to happiness. It's right here at MFP!
    :wink:
    I weighed this much in 1991. And it's been all uphill from then. :grumble:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Go Georg!
  • Georg
    Options
    Thanks.
    :blushing:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report that things have improved since my earlier post on this thread. I have finally broken thru as well, dropped 3 lbs. since 10/11. :drinker: :drinker: I tried increasing my veggie consumption and watching my sodium more than I had been, and it appears to be paying off. Maybe I will make my mini goal of 50 lbs. gone by 11/7 for a family event.:bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Options
    That's great!
    Good work!
    :flowerforyou:
    I had thought maybe it would take me until Christmas to be down 30 pounds, but now maybe there's hope!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Georg
    Options
    And another one down!!!!
    yeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!